cat traveling from Scotland to Perth

scotexpat

Has anyone got any very good pet travel companies they can recomend? I'm looking to ake my cat to Perth with us in April 2012 but i keep getting loads of conflicting info. Even the Australian website isn't giving me peace of mind.

Hope you guys can help.

David

I've moved this to Pets as its better suited here. Also check out other threads for companies that ship pets. Plenty of them around this section :)

Most of them are good, but there are one or two companies that I'd NOT reccommend:

One kept messing up the quotes for Satch (tried to send her to Adelaide and called her a cat) - anyone that doesn't pay attention even to quotes, isn't paying enough attention to detail for the important bits!!! When I complained to them and they resent the quote, they made DIFFERENT mistakes...... (straight to the reject pile)

Another caused a lot of grief for someone else

If you come up with a couple of names and check on here, people will soon tell you if they're to be avoided :)

Hi there,we used Air Pets UK in June 2009, for our cat, she travelled from London Heathrow to Sydney and spent 4 weeks in Quarantine, I sent her 2 weeks before we arrived so that we could visit her in Eastern Creek Quarantine Station in Sydney :-) Was not cheap! But she did travel direct on a BA flight non-stop and gold premium class. I have heard recently that all pets since January 12 now need a rabies vaccine within a set time period before travelling to Australia. Good luck :-) P.S she's still alive will be 18 in afew weeks &loving Aus :-)

Hi

We are using PetAir Uk for our cat. So far have been very helpful with booking her in and responding very quickly with any questions I have had.

Carla

Cool - Sherbertdip - whereabouts in Hampshire are you from? We came over from there! small world hey :-) Also think I paid Quarantine fees when I got here on collection of my cat when she was released and we also got to keep the wooden box she came in :-)

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/travel/pets/pet-owners/blood-test/

Also if you are going to Perth you need to book quarantine place asap as perth quarantine is small. You may have to ship cat to Sydney otherwise then you have added cost to get cat to Perth after quarantine is up. We were quoted $20 AUD a day for quarantine (has to be for 30 days) xx

Archived