Rabies test sent where?

landr

Hi,

My cat has had 2 rabies vaccinations and I am about to book her in for her blood test.

Can someone tell me if this is the form I need to take to the vets with me?

http://www.daff.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/1032871/rnatt-dec.pdf

Also..where is it that it gets sent? I assume the vets will send the sample and if so will they have the address. But...When I was getting her jabs done I said to the vet that I would see him in 3 weeks for the blood test to which he replied that he doesn't think they need it anymore. He is an approved veterinarian and I am assuming he just doesn't see many of these cases to know the process fully. I am slightly worried now its not going to be done correctly as he doesn't seem to know the process and I seem to know more than him when I take her in. So I want to go in with all info and everything I need to know it can be sent off for testing.

Can someone clarify how the test gets to the laboratory because there is no address of the declaration form.

so confused :huh:

Guest The Pom Queen

Not sure which state you are in but you need to use an AAV Aqis Accredited Vet. They should then organise the paperwork for you and send the blood tests off, this is not something you can do yourself.

take a peak here http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/export/live-animals/companion and here http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/travel/pets/pet-owners/#eu.

Also don't forget this part of the process:

(1) Cats from Australia are prohibited from entering the UK unless they are accompanied by a certificate from the Australian Veterinary Authorities confirming that at they been not been on a holding where Hendra virus has been confirmed during the 60 days prior to export.

Guest The Pom Queen

Oops for some reason I had it in my head you were going back, sorry :cry:

Is your vet a LVI if not contact DEFRA and they will tell you the closest one. These vets know what they are doing and should have all the paperwork there. Again as I mentioned before you will not be able to touch the blood sample, your LVI will need to send this to their closest approved RNATT lab.

Why don't you have a word Bob on here http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/shipping-pets-ask-pet-air/ he is an LVI and can help more than me as its years since I've shipped anything from the UK

Thats ok! You may have read that I originally emigrated with 2 dogs in 2004, but my parents did all the documents then! Now im back in England wanting to bring my cat and partner back with me and my parents can't remember anything haha.

Thanks anyway!

Guest The Pom Queen
Thats ok! You may have read that I originally emigrated with 2 dogs in 2004, but my parents did all the documents then! Now im back in England wanting to bring my cat and partner back with me and my parents can't remember anything haha.

Thanks anyway!

Ive edited my post but like I said its years since I've been in the business from the UK end so Bob would be able to advise better.

When we brought Satch over it was pre-'the rabies change' (and she's also a dog, but anyway..), the LVI takes the blood and sends it directly to the lab for you.

Have you booked a travel agent to handle the shipping etc for your cat? They should be advising you on this :)

Cheers :)

Hi,

My cat has had 2 rabies vaccinations and I am about to book her in for her blood test.

Can someone tell me if this is the form I need to take to the vets with me?

http://www.daff.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/1032871/rnatt-dec.pdf

Also..where is it that it gets sent? I assume the vets will send the sample and if so will they have the address. But...When I was getting her jabs done I said to the vet that I would see him in 3 weeks for the blood test to which he replied that he doesn't think they need it anymore. He is an approved veterinarian and I am assuming he just doesn't see many of these cases to know the process fully. I am slightly worried now its not going to be done correctly as he doesn't seem to know the process and I seem to know more than him when I take her in. So I want to go in with all info and everything I need to know it can be sent off for testing.

Can someone clarify how the test gets to the laboratory because there is no address of the declaration form.

so confused :huh:

I was confused as well, I thought you were Aus to UK as well

Hi landr

I believe there is a laboratory in Scotland called**********that can perform rabies testing.

**Admin Note - Please do not promote your own company on the forum - If you wish to advertise contact admin**

Archived