Shipping from Ireland

Guest sunnydays4

Guest sunnydays4

Can anyone tell me what they have been quoted for shipping of a 20ft container from Dublin to Perth. Would like to get an idea of prices please.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me what they have been quoted for shipping of a 20ft container from Dublin to Perth. Would like to get an idea of prices please.

I'll 2nd this request - to Melbourne though - sure its much of a much. Also, did anyone ship in part container loads? 20ft would be even too big id say.

Cheers :)

Hi friend of mine got a quote of €3500 Dublin-Perth with a-Acers , just google them, can't give you feedback it only left last week!it was door to the door

You can try amc removals- they gave me quote 1000 cheaper than anyone else, but I have to check them out before I seal the deal

Hi friend of mine got a quote of €3500 Dublin-Perth with a-Acers , just google them, can't give you feedback it only left last week!it was door to the door

You can try amc removals- they gave me quote 1000 cheaper than anyone else, but I have to check them out before I seal the deal

You got a link to a-Acers???

Cheers :)

• 4 months later...
Guest Rocketship

Hi

Just wondering if you have shipped already and if so who you eant with? I got a quote of €3,300 for 440 cubic ft.... I think its really expensive! Thanks a mill

Shipped a 20 ft single use container 3 weeks ago with CARELINE. Cost 4500. The guys that did the packing were fantastic. We fit in the entire contents of house and loads of stuff we didnt think we would be able to bring. Well worth it. Its due to arrive start of July!! Fingers crossed!!

Hi. I got a few quotes and they were around the same but I liked careline and they were very professional. The girl I dealt with was called Sinead.

i was quoted for 600 cubic feet €5000-6000 including packing,Multicargo gave an estimate dublin to perth 40ft container€4500 but im not sure if that included packing and collection,i didnt pursue it.Heres something interesting,there is a shipping company at cork habour,20 foot container,bring all your stuff to the container yourself,including car all for €2000,if you have a tight budget and don't mind doing the hard work its a fantastic saving!

Wow, these quotes are working out a lot more expensive than I thought. Might have to re-evaluate how much we bring. Unfortunately there is a lot of fragile stuff so needs expert packing. Waiting on Pickfords and Crown for next quotes - both NatRoss and Careline were €5600, all for 20' container. Will keep you posted!

I have two friends who have moved countries,both said that when their container arrived they just thought what did i bring all this stuff for?Think carefully about what you really really need!Remember that by the time it arrives you may have already gone out and bought essentials that you couldn't do without,remember the climate,i know its really hard,we're not shipping furniture just personal effects,im thinking with quotes coming in at €5k i can buy a whole lot of stuff for that...its so difficult to decide!

If you are coming to Australia remember that it is an expensive country to live in. We went around our house with a calculator and added up the cost of our contents. We stopped counting when it hit 40K and we hadnt entered the attic. You bleed money when you arrive first. Thousands in weeks. You could go out and buy everything new but you would most likely end up buying from places like IKEA etc. No to mention how stressful it is to find the right shops, browse around looking for what you want. And this is on top of finding a rental, buying a car and starting a new job and settling kids in!! If you have nice good quality furniture then I think its a good idea to bring it. My own stuff was only about 5 yrs old and it is good stuff. The amount of stuff we got into the container was unreal. We could never have packed it ourselves. The Careline guys made sure every square inch was used. We didnt have to haggle on the price at all but got the insurance down from 4.5% to 2%. I think we did well. Im typping this on our blow up bed from Kmart that doubles as the sofa. The baby is in her travel cot and my dd is on another blow up bed. We have another month of this but I dont mind and I am really looking forward to getting all my stuff from home!!

As for the climate it is cold here at the moment, the heating is on and I am glad my winter boots are coming soon not to mention a few blankets and the couple of electric heaters we managed to fit in!!

Ha ha Mataba, had to laugh at you on the blow up bed - hopefully all your stuff arrives soon and in one piece. I've lost too much stuff moving before to loose more moving this time so might just have to stump up the money - agree with you on the costs once you arrive - bonds and rental advances seem huge. Hope the move is going well for you and it warms up soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just speaking to AA Economy Freight about shipping my car and they said I'd have to take a 20ft container, but that I could fill it out with our belongings. Quoted €2,750 and takes seven weeks. Leaves Dublin every Friday.

We've already shipping our belongings so don't need a full 20ft container. If anyone has any experience on shipping a car, you might let me know!

Thanks!

Hi Corkonian - we're in the same boat (sorry, bad pun) trying to sell the car here but no luck and wondering whether to bring it to Oz - from what I've been told it's quite cheap to ship, but the import duties are very expensive in Oz. You could follow this thread, there's lots of info on it.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport-shipping/138727-worth-bringing-my-car-iron-ladys-trusty-new-calculator-reveals-all.html

Let me know how you go, we might have to ship too!

Be careful with the part load charges was quoted and paid for 400 cuft then got hit for an extra 120 cuft that they reckon it was in the end. The fcuked up and they are now holding our stuff for ransom! Read the small print! Never get the insurance with the removal company usually in the 3.5-4% range. Use letton & percival for rates under 2% & better cover. Company is paying for it in the end, but could have had a full 20ft for a few pennies more.

I was just speaking to AA Economy Freight about shipping my car and they said I'd have to take a 20ft container, but that I could fill it out with our belongings. Quoted €2,750 and takes seven weeks. Leaves Dublin every Friday.

We've already shipping our belongings so don't need a full 20ft container. If anyone has any experience on shipping a car, you might let me know!

Thanks!

Hi Braidwood,

I've checked out that link and was told it probably wouldn't be worth bringing my Toyota Yaris. The only reason I'm considering is because we've some relocation expenses leftover.

Also, I've had no luck selling it and we leave next week! It's a great little car and would be perfect for city driving!

I'll keep you posted!

I thought about it and we decided not to in the end as we were able to sell it. Im sorry now as second hand cars are so expensive over here If you own it outright and its in good condition then I would ship it as it might cost a bomb to replace it here! And also I could have afforded to ship it and pay the duties but to replace it I will have to wait a good long while! Hubby is on the bus to work for the forseeable future!!! Check out http://www.carsales.com.au for second hand car prices.

Hey Corkonian, same here - 1.4L Golf is not worth bringing over, but she's a great car and won't sell for peanuts here. I'm going to check with a mate who he used to ship his car and I'll keep you posted - there's a lot of regulations - you need to own the car for 12 months and you have to apply for an import permit which takes time - you would probably be best to go with someone who will do the whole lot for you. As soon as I know more I'll let you know.

Thanks Mataba - I've checked the website, but not many 1.4L cars on the road there - Aussies like 1.8L at least. But I spoke to my Aussie friend over the weekend and she's still driving her old Toyota with 200,000k on the clock. If it's a good car they will hold onto it forever! Hope all going well for you over there.

i was quoted for 600 cubic feet €5000-6000 including packing,Multicargo gave an estimate dublin to perth 40ft container€4500 but im not sure if that included packing and collection,i didnt pursue it.Heres something interesting,there is a shipping company at cork habour,20 foot container,bring all your stuff to the container yourself,including car all for €2000,if you have a tight budget and don't mind doing the hard work its a fantastic saving!

Can anyone tell me which company this is? We are in Cork so may be worth looking into.

Hey Corkonian, same here - 1.4L Golf is not worth bringing over, but she's a great car and won't sell for peanuts here. I'm going to check with a mate who he used to ship his car and I'll keep you posted - there's a lot of regulations - you need to own the car for 12 months and you have to apply for an import permit which takes time - you would probably be best to go with someone who will do the whole lot for you. As soon as I know more I'll let you know.

Thanks Mataba - I've checked the website, but not many 1.4L cars on the road there - Aussies like 1.8L at least. But I spoke to my Aussie friend over the weekend and she's still driving her old Toyota with 200,000k on the clock. If it's a good car they will hold onto it forever! Hope all going well for you over there.

THe size of the engines is a real problem for me. I drove a Toyota Auris and it was a 1.4, over here it starts in a 1.8. Im just not into big engines and its a total waste of money on fuel in my opinion. WE ended up with a 2.5l saloon car here and thats a small engine for that size car. Im raging now actually I didnt ship mine. It was in such good nick!

Hi JillT,the number for shipping company in Cork is 021 4509939 shipping trans cork,my friend is Austrailian and has used them twicewhen you speak to the man Vivian he takes all the worry out of it and doesnt seem to understand why so much expense is needed,neither does my friend who used him.Removal companies are telling me to be aware of charges at the other side,but the company will give you details of company on other side that will put your belongings through customs,but of course a cost you need to take into consideration.Good Luck,as my husband as already left think im going for the more expensive but easier option of using a company.