Meeting families in North Canberra

Guest mjnewlife

Guest mjnewlife

:embarrassed:Hi PIO people

I am new to this site so not really sure how it all works but I'm sure I'll learn fast. My husband and I moved to Canberra in Sep 2011 with our 2 girls 3 & 8. We love it here and managed to find good jobs straight away which was fantastic to get us up and running but left us little time for finding new friends. We only seem to spend time with people we work with and would like to meet some families with young children for get togethers/coffee's/bbq's etc.

Do you guys organise meet up and such like?

Mel

Hi there!

There have been afew PIO meets lately and I believe we are probably due another one!! Various people arrange the meets and so far they've been held in a variety of places, where kids can play together, adults can use barbecues and cook up some food and generally have a natter and meet each other. Not sure when or who will be arranging the next one, I think it will be a case of 'watch this space!'

Are you on facebook? There's a few of us in a facebook group aimed for people with young families. I just met up with a couple of the girls at Weston Park this morning actually. If you're interested let me know and I can send you a PM with the group link.

Guest mjnewlife

I am on facebook and would love to meet up some time however I do work full time which obviously limit's me quite a bit but the facebook link would be brilliant thanks as I do go on that quite a bit to catch up with friends and family back in the uk.

No worries, we were talking today about meeting up at weekends sometimes. One of the other girls works fulltime as well. Even if you can't make some meetups it's always handy for info sharing. Will PM you the link.

Cheers

J

Guest MarkandBelinda

From one MJ to another... welcome to PIO and Canberra!

We arrived the same time as you, and only today have we met up with fellow PIO'ers for a chat and a coffee! It was great to talk about our experiences so far, and look forward to meeting more of you.

Mark

Guest mjnewlife

Sounds good. I love spending time with the Ozzy guys but it would be nice to catch up with those that have been through a similar experience and have young families so the kids can play whilst the bigger kids have a chat. have you managed to settle in well?

Mel

Guest pugsleysinoz
Thanks that would be great - I'll keep watching out for those

Jurls can you send me the facebook link as well would be appreciated xx

Archived