Really can't decide Perth or Melbourne??? HELP

Nursebucko

Hello all,

Me & my husband really cant make a decision, we have been to Australia a few yrs ago now and backpacked all the way round, when we were there, we really loved the Sunshine Coast in queensland, and Perth as our fave places, as we love the heat, sun and beach lifestyle. When we visited Melbourne, we loved it as most of my family and friends live there.. as a place was nice, loved the culture of the city but wasnt keen on the weather and climate..reminded me of England.

The problem we hve now, is we now have kids and are looking to emigrate, I am due to qualify as a nurse next yr, so we are now trying to pick where we want to live so I can apply for jobs..I know Queensland are really full with their graduate nurses, so Im not even gonna try there, plus as much we loved it when we there, i think will be abit too hot & humid for the kids.

So we are now left with perth or melbourne. We love the look of Joondalup and areas around perth for the coastal life, and hospital opportunities, etc..but we would pretty much be on our own.

Whereas if we go to Melbourne, we have loads of family and support network, an ample opportunity for nursing but just not our dream of living by the sea and in the warmth?

Or am i doing both places an injustice especially Melbourne?

Can you please help and give me your thoughts on both places?

Archived