TRA Skills Assessment

Mjwest

Hiya, we are starting the process of moving to Australia and are going down the 176 ss visa. We have got ourselves an agent (go Matilda) who I have heard lots of positive things about.... Anyway it is my hubby that will be the visa applicant and we have submitted his skills assessment to TRA, is anyone else going through this at the mo as it is taking ages, looking on here before we submitted ours it seemed to be taking 4-5 weeks which is what our agent said, but it was submitted on about 20th October, lodged on 28th and then gave 8th nov as dealing with the application. I know we have had christmas and new year and know they closed office till 9th jan but I was hoping to have had a result before Christmas really ??? Im so impatient I know but so eager to get on with the process just wondered what other people's processing times were with TRA??

I know how you feel. Apparantly theres 3 month backlogs there or there were around November. Mine was recieved 2nd December, so I'm not expecting a decision any time soon. I'm still within the 30 or 60 days which it should take.

Do you know you can check the progress online, and have you called them?

Also I'm pretty sure all trades go into the same queue, so theres no difference what the anzsco code is.

Hiya I knew you could track it online but when I contacted the agent they said they only had the agents log in to track it, so I am guessing as I am using an agent I can't track it as they do it for me. I haven't called them, I might do that just always worry about pestering people!!!

Thank you everyone for your replys, gives me a bit of peace of mind knowing I am not the only one waiting lol!!

Thank you Alan for your reply, We are just getting concerned because of all the changes in July, we thought we started the process early enough to give us plenty of time but starting to panic now that we are cutting it fine.

Archived