Job required for PCB Designer

Adeel

Hi all,

I am a PCB designer with over 5 years of experience recently I got 176 visa and has planned to arrive in Feb'2012. But the disturbing factor is I didn't find any job related to Printed Circuits in Adelaide. So could somebody let me know the recruiting Agency/Agencies that are related to PCB work or names of the companies that are involved in this business since I have tried almost all website like seek, carrerone, jobrapido and many more... but no luck.

Finally could you guys please advice if I can find odd job to run my initial expenditure and by what approx time I can get it after my arrival, your advice would be valuable for me to plan my future course.

Thanks

I am an Electronics Test Engineer.

It can be extremely tough to get into the Electronics Industry in Australia.

I would not say this for many of the other trades Construction etc but the Electronics Manufacturing Industry.

If at all possible get interview’s lined up before you leave a secure job in the U.K.

It was very tough for me in 2007 but since the GFC the number of jobs in the Electronics Industry fell off a cliff.

Adelaide is really not the best state for electronics manufacturing industry.

There should be more opportunities in Melbourne.

You could try job agency : http://www.australiawide.com.au/

At least they replied to my job applications even if the answer was no.

Which is more than I can say for a lot of other job agencies.

I am not saying don’t move to Australia just be very careful.

• 1 year later...

Hi Adeel,

I'm a PCB designer too and i'm hoping you could tell me what ANZCODE you used for our occupation for assessment?

Is it Electronic Engineering Draftsperson - 312411? Any tips how you did the CDR? Have you landed a PCB job there now?

Thank you!

Cheers,

Kat

Archived