457 terms and conditions.????

Cables

Hmm not sure what you mean there, the visa is down to you supplying the information to the company, if your company is using a migration agent then they will take care of everything (again with you supplying the information on each person for the application) but some companies will only do there part (nomination & registering as a sponsor) and you will have to do the rest.

In regards to your original question though, the 457 visa supports secondary applicants so you can bring your family on it, but they have to be on the application, you cant just get a visa with you as the sole applicant and then move your family with you. Everybody entering australia has to have a visa or be part of a visa.

Best to look at the imma website for more information or speak to a migration agent for "solid" answers...There are a few agents on here that should be able to answer your questions with greater knowledge than me.

Hope this helps

Is it generally down to the company thats sponsoring you? Thanks

Also remember that the employer is also responsible for travel costs for dependents to leave Australia.

Also the employer is obligated to pay the costs to locate and remove non-nationals (Sponsored &dependents) from Australia if so required.

Some employers are happy enough to cover the cost of the sponsored, but draw the line when the whole brood is included.

• 4 weeks later...
Also remember that the employer is also responsible for travel costs for dependents to leave Australia.

Also the employer is obligated to pay the costs to locate and remove non-nationals (Sponsored &dependents) from Australia if so required.

Some employers are happy enough to cover the cost of the sponsored, but draw the line when the whole brood is included.

Hi Joe,

Is this true for Brisbane area too? My husband is being sponsored by a new company employer in Brisbane - and there has been no mention from them ever that they will pay any relocation costs for any of us? I would be over the moon if they really are obliged to pay relocation costs for all of us, or at least the main applicant (husband!).

Is this a requirement of the 457 visa or just left up to the company employing him?

Thanks

Anna

Guest oldmarried

I think you might be a bit confused. The 457 will cover the primary applicant and any dependents. Your husband would need to check that his company are happy to support depdendents. The company has a responsibility to pay the travel costs to remove you from australia if the assignment fails. Any relocation costs to get you to Oz would be part of the job offer.

Hi Joe,

Is this true for Brisbane area too? My husband is being sponsored by a new company employer in Brisbane - and there has been no mention from them ever that they will pay any relocation costs for any of us? I would be over the moon if they really are obliged to pay relocation costs for all of us, or at least the main applicant (husband!).

Is this a requirement of the 457 visa or just left up to the company employing him?

Thanks

Anna

I think you are confused, where did I mention relocation costs?

The sponsor is responsible for removal from the country costs, if for instance you visa is cancelled (due to losing job etc) and you go on the run the sponsor is responsible for the cost of DIAC locating you, detaining you in the Detention centre until you are deported and the flight home.

For 1 person this could be $10000 multiply that by a family of 4 or 5 and its very costly, that's why the employer has to agree to sponsoring depenedents.

Archived