Online Applications with DIAC

Kimanda

Hello,

Would really appreciate some advice on lodging an online application with the DIAC from anyone who has experience with this....

My partner and I are about to be issued our Letter of Determination (Skills Assessment) and we are about to launch the state sponsorship application and apply for our Visa :) Its been so long the skills assessment was an absolute nightmare but finally its coming through.

We have all of our documents ready, including the IELTS, certified copies of passports and photos, birth certificates etc.

I wanted to know how you guys submitted your documents online, did you just scan your original documents, or did you scan and upload certified copies? Were you asked to post hard copies of your documents after you lodged an online application?

Also, as far as I understand, it is taking about 4 weeks to be assigned to a case officer for General Skilled Migration (State Sponsorship 176) according to the DIAC website as they are prioritising these after ENS/emolyer sponsored applications. Did you opt to get your police certificates and medicals done immediately or did you wait to be asked?

Any advice or information on your experience would be most appreciated! Thanks so much....

x

If you colour scan original documents, these do not need to be certified, these are uploaded online after you have completed and paid for visa application. You will get a checklist of the required documents. http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/general-skilled-migration-attachments.htm

We waited to get CO before going for medicals or PC, we got CO after 2 weeks but that was sept. UK Police Checks came back in just over a week, Aus one took about 2 weeks, and getting appointments for medicals was quick & easy. CO will give 28 days to get medicals and PC after they are requested, they may request other documents first, so sometimes better to wait, but really up to yourself.

Hi lebourvellec, chardy

Wonderful, this really gives us peace of mind. Thanks for taking the time to respond :)

Its probably sensible to wait for the request of the medicals the last thing we need is for them to expire - this is what happened with the IELTS we had to do them again so that everything would be 'in date', however that worked out for the best as we got level 9s thank heaven so more points towards the visa...

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry but do you mean the date of application is the date of the Medicals and not the date the Visa is submitted? If so, we will be out of time and won't have enough points because of husband's 40th birthday, we have not yet organised medicals as I'm sure DIAC site says to wait until they are requested.

Thanks

Max

Sorry but do you mean the date of application is the date of the Medicals and not the date the Visa is submitted? If so, we will be out of time and won't have enough points because of husband's 40th birthday, we have not yet organised medicals as I'm sure DIAC site says to wait until they are requested.

Thanks

Max

Don't worry, the date your application was lodged is when your husbands age will be taken from. We are talking about the last date for entry to Australia after visa grant - this is set one year from either your medicals or police check whichever was received first.

Don't worry, the date your application was lodged is when your husbands age will be taken from. We are talking about the last date for entry to Australia after visa grant - this is set one year from either your medicals or police check whichever was received first.

PHEW! Many thanks

Archived