multiple Sclerosis - Medication & Medical fees (WA)

eweasel

I'm hoping someone may be able to help me with an issue we have.

We are due to arrive in Perth at the end of February and are trying to find out how much it is likely to cost us in medical and medication fees for my MS.

I'm currently only taking Gabapentin for the nerve pain - but have been advised by Medicare that this drug is not on the PBS for the treatment of MS and that I will have to pay pharmacy rates on any pxs (£35 per 100) which will soon mount up as I'm on 9 a day at the mo.

I've been looking into how MS is treated in Oz and how this pain is managed - but am starting to get very considered about the cost of appointments and medications.

If you have any experiences you are prepared to share with me I would be very happy to receive a PM from you

Many Thanks

Est

Hi Alaska

Thanks for your post.

I have had a fantastic response from the MS WA society who, for an annual membership of $20 provide support and access to allsorts of therapies a nd support groups. I have had some excellent advice already and will be seen by an MS nurse on my arrival to the WA next month - this has put my mind at rest.

For anyone else in the future in the same position please go to their website http://www.mswa.org.au/ and email them - I received excellent advice within a couple of days.

Est

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jeremiah martin

hi est

applying for visa at the min nearly have it and just being told i have ms have nt started any treatment yet but are afraid now we cant go.

what was your experience on getting visa with having ms? have all but given up at this stage on going at all. any advice greatly appreciated.

jerry

Archived