scanning photocopies/ originals to attach to online visa

ack

Hi guys,

Can you clear up the following for us..........

If we scan an original- we dont have to have it certified [eg..originals payslip, degree parchments]

If we scan a photocopy - it must be certified and then scan/uploaded??

In the GSM hanbook no.6) it says "Photocopies of certified copies are not acceptable".

So basically I just want to confirm that if we take a photocopy of xdocument then get it certified is it then ok to scan and attach to visa application.

Just wondering about old bank statements- we do banking online...so could we print out statement at home or take a 'print screen gra'b and upload it or do you think we should go into the bank and print them out and then upload.

Personally Im thinking just go to the bank and get them printed that way. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks guys in advance for your help....We are almost ready to lodge...am getting nervous!!! ...(and becoming stupid wit the little details!):wink:

I can only go buy what i did took the originals to the solicitor then he photocopied and stamped/certified that, the copy was then scanned and sent to the migration agent x

Hi libbysmummy- We surely could do this ....but def seems like alot of work which we are trying to cut down on :)....Heard we can just scan originals.

Wooo congrats on the visa!!!!!!!

No need to get them certified - just make sure your scanner is a colour scanner, save yourself a *shedload* of money.

Then just scan in all documents (the originals) and upload, no certification needed. If you don't have the original, you can't get it certified anyway, as the certification is to say they have seen the original, and this is a true copy of that. It doesn't matter if the document itself is colour or Black and White, its the scanner that matters, as colour scanners have higher resolution and give a better image, so can be seen in more detail.

We scanned in and uploaded both colour and B&W original documents (I got a bit over excited and just scanned in the B&W things as well) and they were all passed, the B&W things were proof on their own (for proof of employment) and no further proof was asked for - the wording on the DIAC guidelines isn't wonderfully clear on that, but as we were passed ok on it we take that as its the scanner and not the document that has to be colour (not B&W).

Archived