Dont give up

KIRK AND CO

One year ago not going son decides cant leave his mates & life here in uk so we change track & start investing in uk property now on christmas day he asks are we still going to oz as he would love to go as all his mates are heading in different directions :wacko::wacko::wacko:. Luckily we have the option still & have the money to make it real but those of you whos kids are reading this YOUR PARENTS ARE NOT TALKING CRAPP THAT LIFE DOES CHANGE & YOU WILL REGRETE WHAT YOU COULD OF HAD.

Before my step-daughter went to university she was all for the move to Australia. Now that she has gone she is dead against going and up until the summer believed that we should also stay here until she decided whether she wanted to move to America or not. Needless to say that we have explained to her that we cannot put our lives on hold for her while she makes up her mind and that she is more than welcome to come with us. We fly out on the 14th March 2012 and she has decided to remain in the UK until she finishes college and then decide (her Dad is also here to provide any practical support she may need and we will maintain the financial support we have been giving her since she started) where she wants to go.

The only way that I could make her realise that we couldn't live our lives based upon what she wanted to do was by asking how many of her school friends she was still in touch with, then how many of her college friends she was in touch with. The answer was none in both cases. It made her realise that most friendships are fleeting and dependent upon the environment you are in. Once she finishes college she has realised that most of her group of friends will go their separate ways and then she can make the decision based upon her circumstances at the time.

This is one of the thoughts i have had , Got a cracking bunch of mates , friends etc

But i have no one from school in my life , none from previous jobs and none from places where i used to live .

Ill miss my buddys but even if i stayed in the uk , in the same job and lived in the same house its doubtfull many will be around in another 10 years ..

the youngsters wont be told ! ha ha , but its a fact of life , so although its a wrench to start with you cant give up dreams and life long opportunities for " friends " that wont even be around in a few years..

lee

Archived