Choosing where to have medicals

Dani251

Hi all,

Would appreciate a point in the right direction from those who have already completed their medicals. We're in the process of selecting a place from the UK panel list - we're based in London but would be happy to travel to one of the other venues.

Any feedback appreciated,

Dani and Hels x

Guest SteveandVic

Hi we went for our medicals at the Spire Hospital in Brentwood Essex mainly because thats where we was living but they was also really good there, friendly, professional and all done in about 1hr 30mins.

Best thing to do is have a good look round though and see what suite you best

Good luck ... :)

http://www.spirehealthcare.com/hartswood/

Guest SteveandVic
Probably a bit far for you but I had mine in Manchester, very professional, friendly and quick and a cuppa and biscuits while I waited.

Good Luck

oh yea Tea and Biscuits ...! forgot about them :)

Hi all,

Would appreciate a point in the right direction from those who have already completed their medicals. We're in the process of selecting a place from the UK panel list - we're based in London but would be happy to travel to one of the other venues.

Any feedback appreciated,

Dani and Hels x

I used and can recommend the Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead. The Bridge Clinic Immigration Medicals page

Tea and biscuits could easily sway me! :)

Are they all around the same price? We did think of taking a day trip to Manchester or Maidenhead and making the whole thing a bit of a 'getaway'...might not be worth it though, if we're not saving anything on the cost,

Dx

Are they all around the same price?

We found not - it was a couple of hundred quid cheaper for us (just a hubby and wife combo, no kiddies) to go to Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead than our nearer clinic in Brum, because Brum was more expensive anyway, but also wanted to charge us extra for extra blood tests as both my and hubby have a tattoo each and quite a few piercings. Bridge clinic didn't require us to have the extra blood tests, but if they had the extra bloods were a lot cheaper there than Brum anyway, so either way it would have been cheaper (even when factoring in petrol) at the Bridge for us. Phone them all up and they should be able to tell you on the phone what they charge :)

(another huge thumbs up for Bridge Clinic btw, they were lovely, but then I don't have anything to compare it to, so don't know if its worth travelling up from London just on that tbh, if Essex is also lovely :) )

We found not - it was a couple of hundred quid cheaper for us (just a hubby and wife combo, no kiddies) to go to Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead than our nearer clinic in Brum, because Brum was more expensive anyway, but also wanted to charge us extra for extra blood tests as both my and hubby have a tattoo each and quite a few piercings. Bridge clinic didn't require us to have the extra blood tests, but if they had the extra bloods were a lot cheaper there than Brum anyway, so either way it would have been cheaper (even when factoring in petrol) at the Bridge for us. Phone them all up and they should be able to tell you on the phone what they charge :)

(another huge thumbs up for Bridge Clinic btw, they were lovely, but then I don't have anything to compare it to, so don't know if its worth travelling up from London just on that tbh, if Essex is also lovely :) )

We've booked Bridge Clinic...they are really nice to deal with..thanks for the heads up :)

Archived