Flights to Tassie????

KazzKing

Hi all,

Hopefully not long now until we'll be booking our flights from London to Hobart.

We'd like to go with singapore airlines, but the flights are coming up sooooo expensive I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. (I've put various dates in, 2 adults, an 11yo (adult?) and 4yo, directly onto their website)

For those currently in Tassie, how and with who did you book your flights?

I'm getting prices of £12,000+, is that right? Please tell me no lol.

All comments appreciated.

Ta

K

Guest SunshineSmile

Sounds expensive !!! We got 3 adults one way from Cork (Ireland) to Heathrow to Singapore to Sydney and on to Hobart for £3600. We flew last February with Singapore Airlines on the 360 Airbus as far as Sydney and a Virgin flight from there to Hobart.

Singapore airlines are just super.

Hope that helps!

We flew with Singapore Airlines and they were a LOT cheaper than that. From memory we paid around £750 each from Heathrow to Melbourne (economy class). That was with the 40kg baggage allowance for migrants. We were also able to select our specific seats (highly recommended!).

I can't think why they would be so much, when are you travelling? Are you trying to book Singapore Airlines flights right the way to Hobart? They don't go to Hobart (you'll have to book an internal flight for Melbourne/Sydney - Hobart). Perhaps if you're putting in Hobart it's confusing their software?

Failing that, give them a call. We spoke to them a couple of times and they were very helpful.

...and lastly to agree with Sunshine Smile, they're a really good airline :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived