Online Application Query

gilliantay

To anyone who can answer my question............................

STNI successful so went online to start the application for visa (subclass176)....................about two or three pages in, I stumble across my first dilemma.

1) have you worked in your chosen occupation on the SOL list for 12 months out of the last 24 months?

OR

2) Have you met the 2 year study requirement in the last 6 months?

Now, bearing in mind I have to choose one or the other I find myself in a predicament.

Qualified as a Registered Nurse in December 06 - didn't take up my first post until Feb 07 because I was swanning around Australia ( a little present for gaining my Degree) so have only been in post for 8 months..............

Do I just tick the working for 12 months ?????

Victoria State don't seem to mind that I only have 8 months experience - and if I am successful with the visa, by the time I reach Australia I will have worked for 12 months or more.

There are a lot more queries to come but I will only bore you with this one just now.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

Gill

Guest AndyandAlly

I'd go for it, because by the time you get the request for the PC checks and the medicals are done and sat in that 8 week queue...it will be Feb... Time up..

Ally

x

If you read the wording on the immigration web site it specifically states you have to have been working in an occupation on the list for 12 out of the last 24 months "immediately before lodging your visa application" so if you have only been working in any occupation on the list for less than 12 months, you'll not satisfy the requirement, and just get rejected.

Sorry !

Archived