After positive things about oz plz

Guest waitingtogotooz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I regret those four schooners now and I regret not taking my washing in before I went to bed as it rained. I do have a back-up of a drier in my unit though.

Don´t worry I changed the bed´s today, OH took them downstairs to the cellar for me to wash, that was at 10.30 this morning check 1.00 am today and it was all still there waiting, the pillow cases where dancing around saying ´is there anywhere in this joint where a guy can get a decent shower´.

Don´t worry I changed the bed´s today, OH took them downstairs to the cellar for me to wash, that was at 10.30 this morning check 1.00 am today and it was all still there waiting, the pillow cases where dancing around saying ´is there anywhere in this joint where a guy can get a decent shower´.

Not sure I read this right but your OH keeps you in a cellar ? :shocked:

I had to have a look through this thread again to try remind myself why i want to move, theres been so much negative stuff on here recently especially about cost of living so i started to worry, suppose its normal

Forget about 'the cost of living' in Australia, Stacey. Just plan on coming and having a good time. I suppose, as I pay for so many things on my UK debit card, I should be constantly working out the FX rate but I can't be bothered. That Leb meal I had last night - $111 for three and I upped it to $120. Should I be thinking 'Now, $1.60 to a GBP, or whatever it is, that makes 75 or 80 quid, MY GOD! That's three times the cost - AT LEAST - of an Indian meal in the UK.' Just been looking at my last bill from Coles too - 18 items for $16.55 - free range chicken $11.65 for 600 grams - better go on the ASDA website and work out how much cheaper it is in the UK. God, that sounds sad doesn't it but some people do it! Walking round Coles and Woolies with their Ipad, recording the prices, converting them to GBP, then checking them off against Tesco & ASDA. It's a recipe for never settling here!

I'm probably going to be quite bad for comparing things for a while at first, when we were in portugal this year i kept comparing prices to back home which i know is silly since im only on holiday but must be the cheap scot in me lol. i gave up after a while but like dom mentioned medicine was a lot more expensive there aswell, or maybe it was just the chemist where i bought it. Just have to try and live within our means and try keep the costs down a bit

Forget about 'the cost of living' in Australia, Stacey. Just plan on coming and having a good time. I suppose, as I pay for so many things on my UK debit card, I should be constantly working out the FX rate but I can't be bothered. That Leb meal I had last night - $111 for three and I upped it to $120. Should I be thinking 'Now, $1.60 to a GBP, or whatever it is, that makes 75 or 80 quid, MY GOD! That's three times the cost - AT LEAST - of an Indian meal in the UK.' Just been looking at my last bill from Coles too - 18 items for $16.55 - free range chicken $11.65 for 600 grams - better go on the ASDA website and work out how much cheaper it is in the UK. God, that sounds sad doesn't it but some people do it! Walking round Coles and Woolies with their Ipad, recording the prices, converting them to GBP, then checking them off against Tesco & ASDA. It's a recipe for never settling here!

God i dont even look at the prices in the uk , if i want something i just get it , untill my card starts to graon at me , haha .

i suppose initially people will compare prices for interest or novelty value but in the end we all need to eat , pay bills and have a life . it costs what it costs .

lee