Flights booked

woodsy16

Hi def a big step!

Just booked some temp accommodation, we have gone South just for ease of travelling to work not sure about this whole divide thing as we have never visited Canberra before hopefully we have made the correct decision.

I now hover between very excited and totally stressed out!

Kate

Yey!!!! Well done!!! Big step but a good one!! x

Guest sarahefyoung
Hi def a big step!

Just booked some temp accommodation, we have gone South just for ease of travelling to work not sure about this whole divide thing as we have never visited Canberra before hopefully we have made the correct decision.

I now hover between very excited and totally stressed out!

Kate

Hi!! Just chill it ll all be great!! xx

Hi!! Just chill it ll all be great!! xx
Hi Sarah]We are booked out of Newcastle on Jan 17th. Shippers are coming 9th and 10th and then we are on the blow-up bed!To be honest I am just far too busy for Christmas with all the sorting that needs done in the house and oh my God the endless paperwork!Kate

Guest Ruyode2011

Hi Woodsy

we are due to go out in April to Sydney. I just wanted to get some advice or rather details of the shipping company and charges.i am having high,high prices quoted so would be helpful to hear from someone actually in the same boat as me.Also what sort of goods are you shipping, car,etc.

Hi Woodsy

we are due to go out in April to Sydney. I just wanted to get some advice or rather details of the shipping company and charges.i am having high,high prices quoted so would be helpful to hear from someone actually in the same boat as me.Also what sort of goods are you shipping, car,etc.

Hi

We had online quotes from PSS, Anglo Pacific and Crown. John Mason were the only company we had that came out to do a proper inventory but we used that as a basis for the others to quote on.

We went with John Mason in the end as I liked the service they provided throughout, speed of response etc. They were also the cheapest quote we had, all the others quoted us for a full 20ft container whereas they gave us the option of a shared one.

We have a 2-bed house to pack up, no car as it seems far to complicated to ship one over, unless as many people say you have a car you love or is pretty new. Ours is fairly old, in good condition but just didnt seem like it was worth the hassle!

Our quotes came in from the others at around £4500 for full container, with John Mason it was around £4300 for a full and £3200 for a shared. Alot of people have said to haggle with them to lower the price but seen as we went with the lowest quote I didnt try.

Woodsy

Guest barbsh

Hello there,we have our flights booked for 30th Jan and we cannot wait to arrive. The shipping company are coming for our stuff on 27th Jan, so we won't have too long on the air beds. We have temp accommodation sorted for our first 4 weeks, but will have the challenge of finding something more permanent, as everyone does. Good luck with your move and maybe we'll see you there.

John mason are who we used for our move and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone, equally Wridgeways who they use as the Australian based agent were simply superb, that said I appreciate that others mileage may vary but for us I would use them again in a heart beat.

Hi, we are due to fly out on 23rd Jan, still no accommodation booked yet. Its all been rushed for us and I think I'll have to do a thread to try and sort things out as we are in the "pulling our hair out stage".

Hope it doesn't last too long as its already thinning out!!

Archived