Exchange rates

Guest Tom the Pom

Guest Tom the Pom
2.26 to day on the up .

not much but every little helps

eddie,tina:GEEK::GEEK::GEEK:

It seems like there is a bit of a downward trend at the moment - it's down to a recent low of 2.20

It can't get any lower? Can it???:arghh:

Guest Working to fish
It seems like there is a bit of a downward trend at the moment - it's down to a recent low of 2.20

It can't get any lower? Can it???:arghh:

Just looked 2.1867

eddie :arghh::arghh:

Guest Working to fish
WTF!!!

What the hell is going on?

Tom, was hoping you could tell me, i was hoping that after seeing today interests rate here, in uk, stayed the same that we may have seen the dollar rise in our favour. I am going to be closely watching it over the next 2 to 3 days as i'm hoping for a rise, whether it'll be much really seems to be anybodys guess.

I'm trying not to take it personally but i think somebody up there is laughing as they know we're off in a few weeks.

eddie:goofy::sad::sad::sad:

Guest Working to fish
PLEASE someone!! what is going on??? Starting to get really worried!!! 2.18?????

Mm not a clue:no: :no:

:no: :no:

Guest Windsor2

Unfortunately if you look at the graph for the past 12 months, excluding the blip in August, the £ has been depreciating agianst the dollar all year. The credit crunch in the UK has only served to weaken the pound further, and investors have jumped on the back of the high yielding dollar which has pushed the market lower and lower.

Many analysts are saying the outlook for Sterling across the board is weak. In addition to this the Australian economy is still healthy and has been shielded from the issues in the US but the Asian market, so it remains buoyant, and resulting inflationary pressures may cause further interest hikes in Aus.

Nobody can predict where it is going from here, but it is just as likely to continue to move down than it is to bounce back up.

But fingers and toes crossed.....!

I had a nasty shock as sent my 750,000AUD investment over today for a 165 investor visa. I had not checked rates since last Autumn so was shocked to be told this morning that I had insufficient funds and have had to top up by borrowing from the father in law another £20,000 OMG!!!

I hope it goes up for when the vast bulk of my money goes across

Archived