Hillbrook Anglican School, Brisbane

family of five

Hi there family of five, this is my first post But I have been lurking on pio for a while, mainly reading the moving back to the uk threads. I have been living in Brisbane for 10 years and have both my children on the waiting list for Hillbrook. It has an excellent reputation locally. They only take children based on their position on the waiting list so there is no preference given to anyone except siblings of current students. Their waiting list is long. I put my daughter down when she was 3 to attend in 2015 and she is currently 220 on the list, they only have 120 students in each year group. I am hoping that lots of the people above us either move out of the area of have another school as their first choice!! The school has a lovely feel about it, the students seem bright and articulate. The enrollments officer at the school is always happy to chat to prospective parents and she will probably be able to give you a good idea on available places depending on the ages of your children. Another reason they are so popular is that their fees are alot cheaper than other private schools in brisbane. Hope this helps!

Well Lambpie,

Thank you very much for your first PIO post to answer my question.

I have been in touch with the school as looking for a late year 10 enrty or starting in year 11, for my daughter. It looks like they will have space, yay!

I did get a good feel from the information they have sent and the emails received, I also had a look on you tube to see if anything comes up and nothing dodgey did for Hillbrook unlike some other schools. So thank you very much for confriming what I had hoped was a good school, will get in touch again now and offically put her name on the list.

Thanks again

Tina, Family of Five.

That is fantastic news about the available place place for your daughter! I'm sure she will enjoy being there. I spent this weekend at Hillbrook as my daughter's dance school held a show in their performing arts centre. The facilities are great for music and sport. They even offer circus skills as one of the sports activities! They seem to have a wide variety of options available to the kids to experience lots of things they might not otherwise be exposed to but still have excellent academic standards. It's a win win for the kids and the parents!! Lots of luck with your move to oz. Which area are you looking to move to?

Archived