20ft Reefer - any good?

Guest TheBrowningFamily

Guest TheBrowningFamily

Sorry to start another shipping thread! Can't find the answer to this anywhere

I have had another person around to quote today...they said their company do not use 'reefers' as they are more likely to cause mildew and leak.

Something to do with the fact they are refrigerated on the way over here for meat, and not always lined properly before being loaded with our stuff.

They said that they could do our move a couple of hundred cheaper if we opted to use a reefer than a general purpose container.

Any thoughts?

We used a reefer when we came to NZ from the UK and it was fine. Having said that, when the container arrived at our home in the UK it was sent back to base by the packers because it had a hole in it !! They delivered another within a couple of hours.

I would be quite happy to use another reefer when we move to Oz, however our shippers tell us that we now need a full 20 footer - we've accumulated too much stuff apparently (well, I only bought a few pairs of shoes !!)

:twitcy:

Ripha

Guest KP Nuts

Ok i'm confussed, last time i heard about a reefer it had totaly different meaning, So whats a reefer please.*

Mr KP Nut. 8_1_220.gif

*yours dumbingly.

Guest KP Nuts

Hey Leanne, maybe we could all float over there on cloud 9, in a haze ??????? or do you think custom's might get the right hump.....

Mr KP Nut. 8_1_220.gif

Guest The Greens

This week OK, I plead guilty to keeping the shipping thing going all week. Best answer I think is save us all a lora lora trouble and go for Crown for God's sake. They seem the best from what everyone says, they seam like for examplw LLoyds Bank oe Barclays you know what I mean. So maybe best to go for them??????:jiggy:

Only if you promise to pass it back Tisme !!!lol

Chelle are you a real person????and you ask why us guys take the mick,, who on gods earth would send their shipment on a bloody raft?????? in fact dont answer that,,lol,, not that i know what type of reefer a boat is or anything,lol

Cal x

Guest KP Nuts

Chelle are you a real person????and you ask why us guys take the mick,, who on gods earth would send their shipment on a bloody raft?????? in fact dont answer that,,lol,, not that i know what type of reefer a boat is or anything,lol

Cal x

Hang on i'll fetch Mrs KP's tweezers even at 20 foot seems like there is loads of peep's who want to ride on it.

Mr KP Nut. 8_1_220.gif

Cal x

Not bad sh!t man, over to you Cal.

Guest Working to fish

my God, a 20ft reefer.

The only prob i can see with a 20ft reefer is it will take so long to get through as i'd have to keep stopping with getting the munchies every 5 minutes LOL.

Just had a profound thought, just wondering can anybody guess how many rizzlas it would take to make a 20ft reefer LOL.

By the way, not sure i know what a reefer is.:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

eddie

Guest Liz and Paul

Sorry to be the boring one! but Reefer is short for Refrigerated. The containers are used to ship in refrigerated goods such as meat, fruit etc to the UK, they are cheaper than 20 ft full containers as a part of the container is the refrigeration unit, so there is less space. Obviously the refrigeration unit is not in use, we had a quote for both but then ended up filling a full 20ft one, which cost us nearly £200 more.

Liz

Archived