AQIS

Cam

How strict are AQIS? We have been cleaning bikes and shoes to death, I think they're cleaner than when we bought them, but some things like the toaster I can't get some crumbs out of.

Are there any key things we need to watch out for? Apart from the obvious mud.

Thanks

Hi this post is too funny I wrote the exact thing about getting crumbs out of the toaster over a week ago!! My son got it all out for me using hubbys air gun lol!!!! Ours is all packed and in storage until we go keeping my fingers crossed we cleaned everything good!

It's paranoia isn't it, knowing what the Aussies are like importing things, can you believe that you could waste hours on cleaning things..... yawn!! Everything gets picked up on Thursday, and I have other things I'd like to do with my time off!!!:biggrin: I snuck in a swim today, hope hubby doesn't find out!!!

Do you reckon a bike pump would work?!!!! :laugh:

Where are you off to & when, will you cope without a toaster? I can see toast becoming really decadent around here, unless of course we splash out on a £5 toaster from Tesco, but if you watch the pennies.... I might use it to justify a last minute trip to Primark before we go...

Hi ya! We're off to Perth on 20th Jan! Living at inlaws house until then but not too bad as they are on hols until 28th Dec!!!! Where are you going? I see your just down the road from us lol!!! I can relax for 2 months now as everything is all done well kinda just have to worry about dog now! I'm hoping we did a good job on cleaning everything hubby has lots of tools he's taking so am keeping my fingers crossed! Good old Primark was in there today lol!!!!!

Wow, you've timed that well with the inlaws!!!

The packers came on Thursday so it's been a hectic week, can't believe I've been scrubbing and disinfecting shoes, bikes, bike seats, etc. We had a slight issue with thinking the packers had packed my daughter's favourite teddy bear, so two nights of very little sleep, as she felt that all her toys and everything had gone!!! But we found it today, so hopefully a good night's sleep tonight!!!

We're off to Sydney probably the week after you, haven't booked the flights yet, so still loads to do!!! I'm envious if you can get the chance to relax before you go!!

Enjoy Swindon!! :biggrin:

Hi guys yep we did time that well lol!!!! What are you guys doing for a couple of months without furniture? I'd hurry with those flights incase it gets more expensive I know our flights have gone up already! I am definately in the relaxing mode now doing all the things i have'nt done in a few weeks ie wash car inside and out lol! Other than that putting up inlaws christmas tree and doing not much else!!! I feel excited, sad and nervous all at once!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you get to have a good nights sleep tonight then would have been a long time to see teddy bear again!!! You're not too far from us then I go to ikea quite a bit lol!!! Bet you cant wait to get to Sydney have you got jobs out there? Well got to go Merlin will be on soon cant miss that lol!!!!! Catch u later!

Archived