medication on holiday

margojacko

Depends what the medication is. In some parts of the world you can get Marijuana on prescription - but you still won't be allowed to take it in to Australia with or without a Doctor's note (although the note might stop you from being arrested)!

If it's normal medication and readily identifiable (e.g. in labled commercial blister packs) you shouldn't have any trouble.

hi Ken ,

thanks for the prompt reply.

I thought you would all be still in bed a this time.

Not into that sort of stuff. We are just old farts with Hypertension & usual creaky joint.

While you are still there can I ask another question?

Ok my daughter likes Glava a alcoholic drink . I thought I would take her a50 cl bottle in the suite case if I declare it to the customs will I have to pay duty on it

& can I put it in the case?

Regards margaret

hi Ken ,

thanks for the prompt reply.

I thought you would all be still in bed a this time.

Not into that sort of stuff. We are just old farts with Hypertension & usual creaky joint.

While you are still there can I ask another question?

Ok my daughter likes Glava a alcoholic drink . I thought I would take her a50 cl bottle in the suite case if I declare it to the customs will I have to pay duty on it

& can I put it in the case?

Regards margaret

It's 4:43pm here so I'm at work (don't ask why I'm on PIO and not working it's not polite). I'm not sure what the exact duty free limit is for Australia but it's definitely a lot more that 50cl. They sell 1.13litre bottles of spirits at the airport duty free. They are strict on food products though so it is possible that Glava isn't allowed in (but I doubt it since the alcohol will likely have killed anything that can germinate).

Hi again ken,

Glava is a whisky based liqueur 35% volume.

soooo delicious.

I will declare it but can I put it in my case?

Daughter says it is very expensive in oZ.

Trying to learn the song "give me home among the gum tree's "

So we can sing it with our grandchildren who are learning at School.

I love it.

Kind regards margaret

Ps congratulations to Australia on Winning the rugby on Saturday but my Hubby is sulking.

Archived