how to prove ??

jem32

Statutory declaration , along with absoloutly anything to back it up , air tickets , letter from boss , emails , pictures of your time in oz ,

beware a stat dec is a serious legal document, sworn and signed infront of a duley appoined authority . Making any false claims is a big no no , u can do jail time for a false declaration .

lee

Thanks for the reply, Great idea about photos and stuff, We have asked by phone and email for a reference but because we came home the employer was not too happy and just keeps saying they will send something but nothing ever arrives. We are trying to get the old TRN and going through due process for a copy of the supperannuation statement but it takes so long.

Great idea though, Thanks for the help have loads of photos.

Jem

Even the mail you have received saying that he will do something , tho he didnt is proof as he's not saying " who are u , ive never met u before " haha ,

Payslips ??, did u make any friends over there , especially in the work place , they could write a personal statement / reference for you .

Theirs seriously loads and loads you can provide as proof when u think about it :-)

Yea Mate

You really sparked something my wife has about 15 photos in and also outside the salon with all the staff and the owners and also my mum, we have photos of my wife doing all my mum and aunts hair before a wedding on the beach in oz and the photos of us at the wedding.

Can they not see on a database that we were in oz even although its 9 years ago, we both have new passports so no visa stamps and no proof of flights.

Can they check for us,

Jason

Ps thanks for the help

I dont know about them checking mate ,

anything and everything youve done in your whole life is probably recorded somewhere but its upto u to prove unfortunatly , If u were wanted for murder 20 years ago you wouldnt get past the border , although they will have a record of you being there 9 years ago theyre not going to employ someone to go and find all your details .

I suggest doing a Statutory declaration aswell , the Ozzies seem to like them as they are a legally sworn statement . If u PM me your email ill forward you mine , I have 2 and though nothing to do with hair dressing it may give u an idea of format and content . One is a stat dec for self employment and my business ( because i have no employer references ) and the other is a training dec ( because my apprenticeship was a miulitary one and again theyre not going to write me a reference or statement so i haveto sware the truth the whole truth and nothing but , haha

If she does the stat dec , states where she worked ,( shop and town ) , who for , what she was employed as , when , why she went to oz to do it ,who she met , what her day consisted of etc etc she'll build a lovely picture for them

Hope this helps , lee

lee

Hey,

without any documentation how do you prove you worked in Australia.

Jem

Hi Jem32,

I'm not sure I understand your question correctly. You worked in Australia, but you don't have any documents to prove it, is that correct?

I assume you were working legally, therefore you had your tax file number. Did you lodge any tax returns?

Even if you haven't (you can now ;)), Australian Taxation Office has your payment summary; so people who want to file past tax returns but don't have any records or pay slips, can ask Australian Taxation Office for their payment summary.

You can send a signed, dated letter to Australian Taxation Office, quoting your TFN, asking for records of payment summaries (for the years you want) to be sent to your address.

Kind greetings,

bma

Archived