Any Yanks in Melbourne?

Tomdickanarry

Hi all

Hi all...husband's a Brit and I'm a Yank. We've been here now 15 months in Melbourne.

This will be our 2nd Thanksgiving coming up. Doing our own spread this year as we went out to Captain America's for a burger last year.

What are you doing for Thanksgiving this year? Anything interesting?

Guest GoldCoastMag

We will be roasting in more than one way, it almost makes me want one of those turkey fryers.

We will be just having a small family meal too, this year with a stuffed :animal-chicken:bird and a green bean casserole with maybe a pavlova for dessert as the aussie tribute.

Sorry for the slight delay. I couldn't figure out how to post a reply on here! Geez...computers!

Gold Coast - you and I will be doing the same, green bean casserole. I've found everything I need for it. I've also got some tin pumpkin so I'll be baking a pumpkin pie. Even though it's just the two of us we'll be enjoying as if it were my normal.

Fish....most of the meal is like the traditional British Christmas with some slight differences....about 3 times the plate size (come on....we're Americans! You knew that was coming! LOL)

Turkey, stuffing (but in the bird), not paxo, whipped potatoes. If you have never tried them like this, try some philadelphia cream cheese along with butter and some milk....gorgeous! All my Brit relatives love them! Green bean casserole (everyone makes them slightly different), candied yams, corn (no brussel sprouts here), gravy (I prefer the Bisto gravy from Britain, much easier to make and less fat. Cranberry sauce and then good ole' pumpkin and cherry pie for dessert. Throw in the traditional British booze up along with it and we're all one step away from a cardiac arrest! :)

I always like Planes, Trains and Automobiles on tv on the day....it's one of the funniest movies around and a tear-jerker at the end. :)

Have a great Thanksgiving Gold!

xxx

Archived