Anyone in the Caloundra region?

judyq

Hi to all. Been trawling the net and thought i may get the truth on Poms in oz. Continue with our lovely but stressful dilemma about where to go and are very drawn to the sunshine coast. Have been looking at all the usual areas but wondered if anyone lives around there? What is it like? What area's should we avoid. Is the job situation as dire as it has been said?

We are myself, my partner ann-marie and our three kids under eight.We would also be interested in schools and anything people may be able to advise!

Thanks.

Judy

Guest Guest31881

Hi ,

Welcome to PIO,

Sorry i am not to familiar with that area as I am just up the coast at Burrum heads ( Hervey bay), we do have a lot of members who should be able to offer advice to you.

As for the job situation what type of work are you looking at.

We also have a sister site that is dedicated to the QLD state.

http://www.lifeinqueensland.com/

You may find that posting on there could offer the chance for more replies.

Up the Coast 15 mins is Buderim which is simply gorgeous with wonderful schools, houses, child and family friendly etc.

What work are you in?

The job situation here is difficult at present but that depends on what you do.

The Sunshine Coast is fantastic for families and children - no where better.

Contact me for futher advice.

Hi ,Thanks for the replies. My Other half works in the fire control dept here in the uk and would love to do similar over in Australia.If not she has experience in hospitals as a health care assistant so would be looking to do something along those lines. Where are the main hospitals around the Caloundra region?

Also where would you recommend for our april reccie?

Thanks alot.

Archived