Social Work in Gold Coast/Brisbane

beatnik

Guest jessyjay
Hey Jessy,

Just being nosey who your interview is with in Melbourne??

Cheers

Hi Jo

Its with an agency called connections. I saw the job online around August last year and they have only called me for an interview now. I was excited but a bit worried I won't get the job. I've never interviewed for australlia before.

Thanks

Jessy

Guest tthorley1979

Hi Jo/Jessy,

Im also new to this site so just trying to figure out how it works still! It would be great if you could post details about youre interviews (Good Luck!). Thanks for the info on youre last questions Jo. Im going on holiday to Brisbane and Perth in 2 weeks and hopefully going to speak to some SW employers out there to find out more.

Tracy

• 3 weeks later...
Heya,

I had 2 for Melbourne this time last year but was unsuccessful. However I hadn't done any CP work (just general SW) by that point and i think the questions were for a senior prac level. But here they are:-

- What 3 words would your friends say about you? (really odd q - wasn't expecting this at all)

- How would you deal with a mother who said to you in confidence that her fella was hitting her?

- What would you do if you saw your colleagues getting really behind on profile notes?

- Tell me of a time when you did something exceptional at work? They said not the usual working 50 hours, staying behind, etc. This i really struggled with!! As its pretty hard to do anything exceptional in CS's these days!

- Why do you want to come to Australia?

- Where do you need to improve?

- What would you do if you weren't getting on with your manager (a lot of the qs were really negative and i felt like it may have been a negative culture)

- What would you do if the TM was off sick and you were the most senior in the office?

- Tell me of a time when something went wrong on your caseload?

Thats all i can remember for now....happy to brainstorm with you...i have been researching all the visas and all sorts for a year so i know a lot.

You can PM me if you like.

Jo x

HI Jo

I am applying for Sw posts and found your email fascinating. I know you said thats all you can remember but did they not focus more on the actual work with kids etc...I am an acting TL in CP myself and I understand I am reading this without the pressure of someone waitin on my response it is more leaxing and answers come more quickly, but it sounds straightforward enough . Do/did they give reasons for you being unsuccessful?

Social Work seems to be evolving nicely there.

Good luck with your interview..

Murta