Mount Eliza Secondary College

the_whites

We are heading to Melbourne in December to the Mornington/Mount Eliza area and have looked at a couple of school websites.

Our daughter is 15 in January so unsure on the Year she will start in (currently in Year 10 in UK).

We are going to do a tour of Mount Eliza Secondary College. Does anyone have any children at this school or have any information they can share?

Thanks

Guest dermedicus

Very mixed opinions in the local area. Overall more negative than positive and certainly would look for other options for my children.

However, my wife has been involved with some students who were assisting with a community project that she takes part in and could not speak highly enough of them. Given the reputation in the town she was surprised.

As always with schools, some kids click and some don't.

Mornington High and Mount Eliza High are public schools so they have to take all comers in their areas. Some years will be good others not so good depends on the students I suppose.

The education is just as good as private schools as its the same curriculum but discipline can be difficult with some children in public system.

Research has shown though that children from the public schools manage at university better than those from private schools as they are more independent.

Frankston high is the most sought after public school in the area but you would have to live in the zone as they do not take pupils from outside the zone.

For me I would be sending them where they are happiest and if they are not happy after a while move them.

Thanks to you all for your help. Its never easy trying to find a school where your kids will be happy and fulfilled. We are arriving in three weeks so can have a good look around. First priority is finding a short term rental. Guess we picked the wrong time of year for that!! Struggling big time