Pet shipping D.I.Y

clusterofgeals

Was just about to ask the same question. We have applied online for the import licence. No drama with that, nice and simple.

But not sure about the rest. Booking quarantine seems easy enough and even the flight. Have spoken to the quarantine centre and Qantas about flights, its just the paperwork side with DEFRA

We used an agent, and I was pleased we did because they saw an error in the Vets paperwork (DEFRA certificate) that I would have missed - that could have meant the Satchdog not being allowed into Australia!! (he confused two dates, but it was all fixed before she flew)

So yes I think it's probably possible, but be very careful with the paperwork details

There is a fab post on how to go about this, somewhere in this section. Try a search of 'pet shipping, no agent' or some such and chances are you'll find it.

Guest MontyClaude

If you are coming from the UK you can't book the flight yourself because Heathrow won't deal with the public. Be VERY careful what agent you use, you really only need them to book your flight and possibly build the crate.

If you are coming from the UK you can't book the flight yourself because Heathrow won't deal with the public. Be VERY careful what agent you use,

you really only need them to book your flight and possibly build the crate.

You can book the flight yourselves, it just depends on the airline. BA wont deal with the public neither will Singapore Airlines.

Guest MontyClaude

I was pretty sure it was Heathrow that wouldn't deal with the public. Could be wrong but I've been in touch with them a lot lately so just double check.

Also check with quarantine that you can use the airline you book with, qantas would be no problem but garuda etc might not be accepted. I'm not preaching just don't want you to end up in the same boat as me. My 4 very nearly had to go back to the UK and be reimported.

Archived