Mount Martha???

DannyCoyles

Looking for some advice on the possibility of relocating to Mount Martha. We looked at the area 3.5 years ago when we first moved to Melbourne, at that time it was out of reach, peak of the property prices etc. plus we didn’t know where we would be working and the CBD was just a little too far for us if that’s where we ended up working.

As it turns out if we sold up where we are now we would have made a decent profit, our salaries have increased and the properties in the Mount Martha area seem to be offering good vfm. There is also the addition of the peninsular link which would make both our travel times to work much the same as they are now, we work in Mulgrave and Burwood East (just off the east link).

We are only in our newly built dream home about 18 months it in Lyndhurst, nice area facilities are still getting built and we are close to most of the things that we need, with the peninsular link opening we will only be about 30 minutes from the likes of Mount Martha. It only takes about 40 minutes to go into the city at the weekend and 30 minutes the other direction we are out to the likes of emerald plus we are less than 1km to the train station.

Trying to weigh up if the lifestyle change is worth it? I grew up by the sea and loved it and every time we are down that way I wish we could live there. My wife likes it too but also loves where we are now. It not an easy decision to make. Any comments for and against would be appreciated.

just remember the penninsula link isn't due to open until 2013, also to get from mt martha to cbd on it you'd have to go on that then the eastlink (toll road) then if you go up the monash its toll road again or staying on the eastlink it turns into a bit of a car park after doncaster in the mornings.

You're quite near us (cranbourne). I really like the fact we're half an hour either side of nice beaches and the dandenongs and its not an all day trek to places like philip island.

Guest The Pom Queen

Danny MM is lovely, have you not thought of ME or Mornington they aren't as far out.

If your jobs are secure and you are happy with the commute then maybe go for it, just make sure you consider if you need to change jobs in the future as the commute would be a killer. Personally I love it down there.

We really like where we are now and always said we would only move for a lifestyle change. Our location is great and convenient and it makes more sense to stay where we are.

We are both far enough out of the CBD and don’t have a need to change companies, even if we did there is no need for us to go into the CBD. My wife is about to be made permanent after 3.5 years of being temporary and that has added to the reasons for moving down that way. She uses the monash and eastlink at the minute. It takes her about 10-15 to get onto the eastlink and another 20 after that to get to work. With the peninsular link open it would add about 10-15 mins to the journey. Not sure how much longer my journey would be. I know its not until 2013 but we would be looking to move this time next year as we have too much going on between now and then.

We would consider anywhere down there I just like Mount Martha. I don’t go down there all that often as I like it so much. It was easier when we couldn’t afford it at least we had no choice in the matter.

No contest it would be Mount Martha for me. The prices probably will rise in MM once the link is built. Its an easy commute to Mulgrave, I drove to Dandenong for 13 years from here.

Even not using eastlink not a bad drive as you take the Frankston Freeway then Springvale Road onto Westall Road and you are up quite quickly, it takes us 35 minutes to drive from Somerville to the Monash Hospital in Clayton, I go via Westall Road.

No contest it would be Mount Martha for me. The prices probably will rise in MM once the link is built. Its an easy commute to Mulgrave, I drove to Dandenong for 13 years from here.

Even not using eastlink not a bad drive as you take the Frankston Freeway then Springvale Road onto Westall Road and you are up quite quickly, it takes us 35 minutes to drive from Somerville to the Monash Hospital in Clayton, I go via Westall Road.

Thanks for that information. If we make the move it will be before the link is finished. Got some serious thinking to do over the next few months. :unsure:

Archived