Declaration of Financial Capacity

Guest JulianP

Guest JulianP

Hi all

Hope someone can help ASAP as I need to be back at solicitors at noon today. Just got back from the solicitors where I'm having all paper work certified and ready to send off to ACT. Whats confusing me as well as the solicitors at this stage is who signs what on the Declaration of Financial Capacity form. The form itself requires 2 signatures, i.e. signature 1 and signature 2, I know I have to sign on signature 1 but who signs on signature 2, my wife????

hope someone can shed some light.

Guest JulianP

Thanx richselina,

We kinda figured that out once at the solicitors (for the third time). How is your appl coming on? When did you post your appl off. We posted ours yesterday so should arrive there on Oz within 5 working days, fingers crossed, everything goes well

Hi Julian,

Our process went quite quickly. Our application for State Sponsorship went in during July and we had our State Sponsorship within 2 weeks and our final approved visas after our police checks and medicals were submitted by mid September. Certainly, from receiving the SS it went very quickly and within a week of our medicals we had our visas approved.

Hopefully, your's will move as quickly as ours and you can start making plans for your move. We're planning to move 2nd Qtr 2012 after we've decided on areas to live/schools etc when we visit in February.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and please keep us posted with the application.

Richard

Guest JulianP

Cheers for the offer mate, but I think for now all the questions are on hold until I hear from ACT Gov regarding SS. One question that I keep having is about short term accomm once you get there. What are you guys doing regarding short term accomm????

Hi,

Our plans are at the moment for me to go out at least 2-3 weeks ahead of the family so I can get a rental place sorted so the OH and daughter can just come over without so much of the stress of all being in a short term apartment until we find somewhere. I think this way will be easier especially if we decide on areas when we visit early next year.

Hope this helps.

Guest JulianP

Strange, thats what I was planning. At least for us its just my wife and I. Having said this, short term accomm is still **** expensive wouldn't you agree? I'm thinking of going over and not putting any sort of time restrictions on how long I take to get a long term rental. This way my wife will still be in her job here in London and she can sustain us while I look for work and accomm. Also, this way we minimize how much we eat into our savings!!!

Archived