Advice req:packing goods for shipping container

Libbysmummy

I'm in the process of packing up the house, just waiting for news on 457 so need to be prepared which isnt easy when the little ones keep unpacking things!:arghh:Were packing and shipping own container:wub:and i don't know how i should be labelling the boxes! EG christmas decs do i put on box and inventory christmas baubles, tinsel or just put xmas decs no pine cones? Do i put kitchen equipment or have to label individual items? For those of you that had a company do it for you, what did they do, i really need help as i dont want to be charged loads by customs the other end, and i've got rid of everything that cannot be shipped even the childrens christening candles :( as they were made from beeswax! Any other tips greatly appreciated on packing!

Many thanks

Lisa x x

Guest GMERIN53

Hi

Not sure about this as we are just about to contact the shipping companies.

Im sure someone will be able to answer your question.

Who are you shipping with and is it cheaper to pack your own ?

Many Thanks

Gordon

we have just been through the process - i don't envy u! we just put generalised things on like xmas decs, lights, toys, books, toiletries etc. just don't put miscellaneous!

We sent all out things off in the container on the 10th sept and we have just been told today that we wont be getting our container in oz until the 24th nov - argh! we had timed the whole process so that we would be in oz for 4 weeks staying in a holiday let while we looked for more permanent accommodation and then for our things to have arrived and been through quarantine by the time we were due to leave the holiday let! not quite worked out! seems like forever since we have had our thing, just cant wait to get them back. im sure it will all be worth it, but it certainly has its stresses! i think the fact that im loving it here is keeping me smiling and i know i will get our things EVENTUALLY!!!

Good luck with the packing etc x

HI, we were told to generalise this as per the other reply. ie - xmas decorations, elec kitchen items, pots and pans. WHo are you getting your container from and if poss how much you paying roughly??? We are having a hard time of it.

Amanda

Archived