question re 47SP

aussiechick2006

Hi there,

I am currently filling in the 47SP and am stumped already!

In part D Q38 is asks about 'Your children'

We have two children who will be coming with us. One already has Citizenship by descent and the other one I am going to be applying for as well. So when it asks if they are 'Migrating with you' do I put Yes - as they will be? I'm sure this is the case, although the form is only for my husband. So by putting that will it be making it all confusing?

Arghhh......... I wasn't expecting to be confused already!!!

AC

Hi there,

I am currently filling in the 47SP and am stumped already!

In part D Q38 is asks about 'Your children'

We have two children who will be coming with us. One already has Citizenship by descent and the other one I am going to be applying for as well. So when it asks if they are 'Migrating with you' do I put Yes - as they will be? I'm sure this is the case, although the form is only for my husband. So by putting that will it be making it all confusing?

Arghhh......... I wasn't expecting to be confused already!!!

AC

If your children have citizenship by descent, they go on the form as non-migrating dependents (in the eyes of DIAC they're returning to the motherland). Don't forget they need Aussie passports as well.

Peach,

Once again thank you! I'm guessing that it may be a good idea to get our youngests citizenship sorted ASAP.

Also, my husband goes out of the country a lot with work (a pilot). So where it says that we need to list each time he's been out of the country for less than for the last 10yrs. So would they want full details of every trip he's ever done in that time? If so I'm thinking there may be quite a lot of extra pages attached! Also hope that seeing regular visits to not so nice places won't look bad.

AC

I need to put my passport number on my application form. The problem is my Australian passport is still in my maiden name. Which I know is bad after all these years of marriage!

Would it cause problems putting those details down, or do I just put my UK passport details down. Which may still cause problems?

AC

Archived