Fly into Adelaide, out of Brisbane

Guest Taxi

Hi, I've only ever flown into and out of the same airport (or had a one way ticket and purchased the return a year or so later). We need to validate our visas and are planning end of Jan/beginning of Feb, probably 27th Jan and return sometime around the 11th/12th Feb. We want to fly into Adelaide and spend a few days looking around, then an internal flight to Sydney, probably hire a car or van and make our way up to Byron to see friends (we want to pop in at Yamba also so not going to fly). We will then fly out of Brisbane. Anyway, can anyone suggest the best /cheapest/easiest way to arrange these flights? I don't mind which London airport we fly from, but Heathrow would be preferable.

Thanks!

I always book flights on the internet so this is what I would do. If you're using a travel site like Expedia or even booking directly with the airline you want to select the option "mutiple destinations" or "multi-city" or whatever the particular site calls it. Then you can put in London to Adelaide as leg one and Brisbane to London as leg two. You could even put in Adelaide to Sydney in between and see what it comes up with. I'd probably book the dometic flight separately, but that's just me.

What BackToAdelaide said really.

Book the domestic legs separately as you can find cheap deals not tied to the international ticket. Just check luggage allowances will work with your international allowances etc.

Adelaide has direct flights via Singapore every day from LHR. Usually Singapore Airlines and Qantas/BA codeshare (BA only flys the LHR-Singpore leg, Qantas flies both). I find either works with a shortish stopover in Singapore. Its a nice route and no faffing as its direct. You can get good deals for both usually. We like the night flights out of LHR and tend to depart about 9.30-10pm and land at Singapore teatime and then depart Singapore later evening, around 10pm. Land Adelaide around 7am and hit the ground running :)

Archived