176 with < 7.0 IELTS

Guest davemc

Hi Gang,

Long time no speak! Been enjoyin the sunshiiiine too much :D

I've recently received State Sponsorship for SA - wohoo! So need to apply for my 176 within 1 month.

So, at present, i don't have the correct amount of points for a 176 - I'm 5 short. So, in order to obtain that extra 5, i have to sit an IELTS exam - which i did on Saturday past. However, i made a slight balls of my essay and I'm not sure if I'll score 7 or above..

My question is this - As i need to apply pretty soon, could I submit my application with < 7 score - then resit the test at the next available sitting? Just to get the application in on time... Would they request a new IELTS, or reject it immediately ?

So sickened that they changed things back in July - previously I wouldn't have needed the test!

Thanks dudes

Davo

You could submit then when you eventually get a CO say you uploaded the wrong certificate, then upload the later Pass certificate but its very risky and people are getting a CO within 4 weeks of submitting so you'd have to sit a test very soon. Good Luck!

heers dude.

I was thinking of doing something like that, but I'd be slightly wary that I might get rejected and lose my 3k... which i couldn't afford!

I'll email SA tomorrow and see if they'd give me an extension...

cheers again

YOu need to have 65 points at time of lodging your application, when lodging you need to put the number from your test, if you then change your test number, the date of the IELTS will be after when you lodge.

I am not certian but your application could be refused as you did not meet the criteria at time of lodging application.

I would book another test ASAP, without waiting for the result, if you think that you wont reach 7.

You could ask for extention for SS, dont know what they will say as on the SA website it states that the planning leavels have been reached for your occupation code on 4 Oct.http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/immigrate_from_overseas/state_migration_plan_south_australia.jsp

YOu need to have 65 points at time of lodging your application, when lodging you need to put the number from your test, if you then change your test number, the date of the IELTS will be after when you lodge.

I am not certian but your application could be refused as you did not meet the criteria at time of lodging application.

I would book another test ASAP, without waiting for the result, if you think that you wont reach 7.

You could ask for extention for SS, dont know what they will say as on the SA website it states that the planning leavels have been reached for your occupation code on 4 Oct.http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/sa/immigrate_from_overseas/state_migration_plan_south_australia.jsp

Your IELTs results will be back in less than 2 weeks...you could rebook but you may just get your 7s...My advice would be to get everything ready for your VISA application bar your IELTs result, rebook your IELTs just in case you need to resit it and see what happens...with a bit of look you will get your 7s and you will be able to meet the 30 day deadline. I wouldn't lodge anything that is going to cost you money until you have all the requirements.

I am also waiting for my result after resitting on Saturday...i need 8s

Good Luck

Hope this makes sense

Heather

Hi davemc,

I am in the same boat like you way back August 2011. I received a positive SS though I 'm short 5pts. I sit two consecutive IELTS but still get a 6.5 in writing, hence my SS expired. I emailed SA but they told me it is not possible to extend the SS. I relodge again but this time for a 475 SS which gives 10pts rather 5pts of 176 SS. My wife also had a recent positive skills assessment and proficient IELTS as my backup plan that will also give me 5pts.

I think the sure thing to do here is to ask SA if they can change your SS from 176 to 475 without relodging, if you want to be sure of your application or take the IELTS risk. Your choice, Goodluck! :v_SPIN:

i will cry my eyes out if i don't get 7 across the board!

I just had my speaking exam and it went quite well. So the only concern i have is writing...

I get my results on Nov 4th, so fingers crossed I'll scrape by :)

wish me luck folks :)

Don't even think about applying without 7 each in IELTS

@Lpkm

Unfortunately, the solution you suggested is not workable as the date of IELTS result must be before the date of visa application.

I have seen cases where people got visa refusal letters same day they were assigned a case officer.

Wish you best of luck for your IELTS result.

well I've just checked the IELTS site and I can't sit another test until Nov 5h, so that would be too late... plus i can't afford the $330 fee!

Sydney is one expensive friggin town!

Results in 8 days. wish me luck!

Don't even think about applying without 7 each in IELTS

@Lpkm

Unfortunately, the solution you suggested is not workable as the date of IELTS result must be before the date of visa application.

I have seen cases where people got visa refusal letters same day they were assigned a case officer.

Wish you best of luck for your IELTS result.

Your probably right, it was just an idea :cute:

Archived