PCC from Vietnam

wensmal

Hi all,

Can anyone pay some light on this issue. My husband has to attain a PCC from Vietnam as he has worked there.But,I am confused as how to get it .As to my knowledge you have to reside for a certain period of months to attain a pcc.But, my husband works for an offshore company[oil rigs] He does not reside in his work spot he goes on sea for 28 days and returns home[india] for the next 28 days .So, how am I supposed to get a PCC .And more over he worked in vietnam in the yr 2006 .So, how is this gonna help. Some help will be appreciated

Hi wensmal

What was the total period of time he was there? as firstly, a pcc is only require if he's lived in the country for 12 months or more (over the last 10 years).

That is what I was given to understand too,.But, I dont understand as why do they want PCC as he worked offshore and does not reside there.He only worked for a period of 1 year for this company as they location shifted .But, in that one year if you take the 1month 'ON' and 1 monnth 'OFF' then he has only vistited vietnam for a period of six months.

Will it be possible if I scan his work contract that he had and send it to my CO she will have a better picture of his job discription as it mentions there 'that they will be accomodated on the rig for the period of their ON days. Will this possibley help us out?

Guest Tillyloola
That is what I was given to understand too,.But, I dont understand as why do they want PCC as he worked offshore and does not reside there.He only worked for a period of 1 year for this company as they location shifted .But, in that one year if you take the 1month 'ON' and 1 monnth 'OFF' then he has only vistited vietnam for a period of six months.

Will it be possible if I scan his work contract that he had and send it to my CO she will have a better picture of his job discription as it mentions there 'that they will be accomodated on the rig for the period of their ON days. Will this possibley help us out?

I would have thought that since a PCC is only required for an accumulated period of 12 months, he would be OK not to have one since he was only there for six months. I guess you could send the CO certified copies of his passport to evidence this.

Now I'm only guessing here, but since he was technically in Vietnam (albeit off shore, but still subject to their laws and what not) then anytime 12 months or over would have to be covered by a PCC but as long as you can evidence that it was only six months, then it shouldn't be an issue.

As always, with anything complicated or unusual, it may be best to take advice from a registered agent on this or it could massively delay your application

I would have thought that since a PCC is only required for an accumulated period of 12 months, he would be OK not to have one since he was only there for six months. I guess you could send the CO certified copies of his passport to evidence this.

Now I'm only guessing here, but since he was technically in Vietnam (albeit off shore, but still subject to their laws and what not) then anytime 12 months or over would have to be covered by a PCC but as long as you can evidence that it was only six months, then it shouldn't be an issue.

As always, with anything complicated or unusual, it may be best to take advice from a registered agent on this or it could massively delay your application

I had a look through his passport and the visa and the date mentioned on is visa was 26 oct 2006 until 25 -may 2007 [ a six month visa].Then a gap of about 8 months and got another visa for six months 25-nov2008 to 24 may 2009. Now, where do i stand . If you go to see according to his schedual he visited the country thrice on his first visa and thrice on his second visa.So, how does this help.If I have to indeed get a PCC then its gonna be a real chase for me as we do not know anyone in vietnam and its gonna be real difficult.

Hi wensmal

What was the total period of time he was there? as firstly, a pcc is only require if he's lived in the country for 12 months or more (over the last 10 years).

Checked the visa on his passport .He was issued two visas in total each for a period of six nonths. There was a gap of about 8 months between the two visas.But according to his offshore schedual then in total he visited the country six times .[3 VISITS ON HIS FIRST VISA AND 3 VISITS ON HIS SECOND VISA].

Now , where do I stand been confused and worried coz if they do NEED A PCC then its goona be real difficult and this is going to delay my process even more further .I applied in 2009 and God knows when will it end.

Guest Tillyloola
I had a look through his passport and the visa and the date mentioned on is visa was 26 oct 2006 until 25 -may 2007 [ a six month visa].Then a gap of about 8 months and got another visa for six months 25-nov2008 to 24 may 2009. Now, where do i stand . If you go to see according to his schedual he visited the country thrice on his first visa and thrice on his second visa.So, how does this help.If I have to indeed get a PCC then its gonna be a real chase for me as we do not know anyone in vietnam and its gonna be real difficult.

Look at the actual pages of the passport that have entry and exit stamps rather than the visa's itself as if you look at them alone, it could appear that he has spent an accumulated 12 months there. The entry and exit stamps will show how long he actually accumulated in the country. It will most probably be the case that you have to have each and every page of his passport copied and certified and then you highlight the pages with the relevant stamps.

Could it also be possible to get an official letter from his employers stating the dates he was actually there? I don't know how effective this would be though, its just an idea.

Have you actually spoken to your CO to explain the issues that you have. They are more than aware that sometimes it is impossible for people that no longer reside in certain countries to obtain a PCC due to that countries regulations. Sometimes they would be able to look for some other type of documentation if this was the case. Applicants cannot be penalised for things out of their control.

Look at the actual pages of the passport that have entry and exit stamps rather than the visa's itself as if you look at them alone, it could appear that he has spent an accumulated 12 months there. The entry and exit stamps will show how long he actually accumulated in the country. It will most probably be the case that you have to have each and every page of his passport copied and certified and then you highlight the pages with the relevant stamps.

As you mentioned I went through the entry and exit stamps on the passport and from the period of oct 06 - may 07 he entered vietnam in oct and exited in nov .Then again entered in dec and exited in jan.

Now, for his second visa NOV-2008 TO MAY 2009.he entered in nov ,exited in dec.Re-entered in Jan and exit in feb.So what I gathered in all he entered the country 4 times and exited 4 times. So putting all the entries and exits it comes up to the total of 8 months.

He went on a business visa .So does that leave me some hope for not going through this long process of getting a PCC.