Life in townsville or brisbane.

Guest haly

Hi everybody, im Cindy, im Vietnamese student. Im studying in Singapore.

next year, im going to australia to study but i dont know how is life in townsville and Brisbane? Anyone can help me? plzz let me know about that for example : accommodation, food, transport, entertainment, how much i pay for rent a room? ( with normally price for student ) , etc , sth like that .. :)

My uni is Jamescook ( i want to go main our campus in townsville), Is this good uni? Should i study in townsville or birsbane?

Thank,

Guest SupportPants
Hi everybody, im Cindy, im Vietnamese student. Im studying in Singapore.

next year, im going to australia to study but i dont know how is life in townsville and Brisbane? Anyone can help me? plzz let me know about that for example : accommodation, food, transport, entertainment, how much i pay for rent a room? ( with normally price for student ) , etc , sth like that .. :)

My uni is Jamescook ( i want to go main our campus in townsville), Is this good uni? Should i study in townsville or birsbane?

Thank,

Townsville is an industrial town with the University campus a drive out of town. It is a tropical and humid place with a big wet season. Going out is essentially Palmer Street or Flinders where the bars are congregated. Generally though I'd say Townsville is a family focused place. Brisbane is a large cosmopolitan city with better transport, food options, bars etc. I don't know about the cost of student accommodation but as a young person I think I'd prefer Brisbane. As for the courses I don't know what you are studying but I expect both are respectable universities.

@supportpants: ths u for sharing :"> my uni have 4 campus, 3 of us in australia( townsville, cairns and brisbane) and other campus in singapore.

i want to go townsville but some of my friends and agency in vietnam recommend should live in brisbane >:< i dont know zzz

Guest Townsville

Hi, Townsville is hot and humid for about 6 months of the year, some would argue for 9 months.

Cost of living is high in Townsville because of transportation costs and the mining boom pushing prices up. Housing is particularly expensive as there is a lot of competition from the defense and mining sectors. James Cook University does have onsite student accommodation but there is high demand and most students rent out in the community. Public transport in Townsville is not the best although the university does have a bus service.

Brisbane is much much bigger and cosmopolitan. I don't know about the cost of housing there though.

Have you thought about Cairns? James Cook University have a campus there. I have found the cost of living and housing in Cairns is not as high as Townsville, and it is a nice place. Very cosmopolitan.

Good luck.