She's on her way!!

JoandJon

Yep, Satch is on her way :)

Checked in by us at Swissport cargo - a LONG boring process, so be warned anyone doing it themselves! (And there are no public toilets)

She's currently ~9.25hrs into her journey and has 3.25hrs to go.

Anyone else have a pet in the air atm ?

Am I the only one haunting the flight tracking websites to see where she is?

Guest The Pom Queen
Well she's stopped off in Singapore already and is now on the final leg to Melbourne.

Looks like she's on track to land ~05:30-06:00.

Will quarantine let me know she's arrived safely?

You usually have to call them. Don't forget to let us know.:notworthy:

Guest FiandRemy

Hi,

Just new to this site and have questions for getting Frenchie from UK out here... seems there is a high risk and it makes me very nervous, but so happy to see your boxer is almost here! (And yes, I would be checking flight tracker also! :) Good luck!

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi,

Just new to this site and have questions for getting Frenchie from UK out here... seems there is a high risk and it makes me very nervous, but so happy to see your boxer is almost here! (And yes, I would be checking flight tracker also! :) Good luck!

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately it's not just the risk in bringing them out but most airlines have stopped shipping brach dogs now. It may be worth while posting in this section and I am sure Bob can let you know the best way over. http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/shipping-pets-ask-pet-air/

Have you given them a call:wubclub::jiggy:

:notworthy:

She's arrived safely and travelled well apparently! (mind you, she's always happy to sleep, so I'm not really surprised she was ok)

They think she's a sweet dog, but she's pretty shy with them, although they think she'll start to settle down soon...

Might give em a call in a minute to double check!

Yay for my baby girl being all good!

Hi,

Hi there and welcome :)

Our Satch is a very soppy labrador, so doesn't have the same sort of problems as your frenchie might encounter. Bob @ Petair is a good place to start - he's got so much knowledge! But if you want any info just ask away (I'll answer as much as I can - movers are coming today so won't be online very much!!)

:notworthy:

She's arrived safely and travelled well apparently! (mind you, she's always happy to sleep, so I'm not really surprised she was ok)

They think she's a sweet dog, but she's pretty shy with them, although they think she'll start to settle down soon...

Might give em a call in a minute to double check!

Yay for my baby girl being all good!

Glad to hear she has landed and all is well.

Im just about to jump in the car with our Wilson and drive down to Heathrow for his flight tonight.

Fingers crossed.

Guest Karen and Colin

Fab news that everything has gone well for Satch. You must have had a sleepless night. I was really nervous about sending Luca but now we have had the issues with him failing his blood test I cant wait until its his turn to get on the plane - hopefully soon. Won't be long til you can give her a big cuddle.

Thanks guys - we've had the movers in today and I'm shattered, plus Sky have disconnected our phone and internet (and tv) today instead of next week!! And the movers are back again tomorrow to finish up....

Andy - I hope Wilson is all good, he must be about to take off by now!

Good luck with Luca's blood tests Karen&Colin :)

Must ration posts - each one takes ages to load up.....

Our Wils passed all checks and should have taken off approx an hour and a quarter ago.:yes:

Spent a time outside chatting to one of Bob's (PetairUK) drivers. Lovely lady, very knowledgeable and helpful.

That Swisscargo place is a nightmare if you haven't done it before. They expect everyone to know the score about everything and speak to you like crap. I don't think they knew the words hello,please,thank you and goodbye.

Anyway we are all done.

Guest FiandRemy

Hey fantastic news!! Hooray and good luck for all the others that are waiting to leave or on their way!

Sorry I though Satch was a bulldog (must have been looking at the wrong picture@!:) but it's just great news.

Phew! Enjoy it when you get together again!! :):wink:

Guest guest59652

So pleased the Satchdog made such a great journey. I'll be honest I've been having my fingers crossed it has all been fine for Satchdog over last few days. Good on you Satchdog - lots of tail wagging in australia but keep away from those nasty brown snakes!!!! go the satchdog

thanks for all your good wishes, and I'll be sure to keep Satch away from nasty snakes!

I know what you mean about Swissport Andy - bloody awful! We found the guy on the gate the most helpful (bearded one), although the bloke checking her in was ok - he just didn't give us quite enough information about what we were supposed to do!

I'm glad Satch is already out of the house here, she'd have been mega-freaked with the movers carrying things around and being all over her space. She was upset enough when we were getting stuff ready, I can't begin to imagine how she'd have been with strange men all over the place....

Now it's back to sorting out clothes - need to figure out what's going in container and what's flying with people. And bloody husband is at work so I'm having to decide for him too!!!

Archived