Short term rental..!!

jodznsez

hi all..

me and the wife are due to be in melbourne (moving from sydney) in 2 weeks and 2 days.

We've still got NOWHERE to stay...

we cant afford another trip to melbourne before we arrive so going straight into a proper long term rental aint going to happen. So we'll have to do the short term thing.

I'm jobless as it stands , but the wife has a job in Mulgrave. We're looking for a short term furnished rental somewhere within a 20min drive to mulgrave. And we're struggling.

i'm on gumtree all day pretty much, not sure where else i can look. I've checked http://www.moving-to-melbourne.co.uk/ and though there are short terms, they're all a bit pricey (except for one in Box hill which is $595, however that's still a bit over budget)...

Can anyone help, advise, or just shed some light as i'm getting a bit nervous...

Thanks

Guest The Pom Queen

October and November are pretty much booked up now, there will be the odd week here and there available, but the cheaper ones will have gone. I just had a look at the Big 4 campsite a 2 bed cabin is available but would be $1196 per week, or a 1 bed at $986 per week. You can get the cheaper one but it has no toilet or bathroom and that would be $755 per week. So to be honest you may find a hotel cheaper, take a look on wotif.

http://www.wotif.com/hotels/south-east-holiday-village-formerly-blue-gum-holiday-v.html

This holiday park is a commute to Mulgrave by car and you may find something there to tide you over.

Also look on lastminute and wotif and look for the caravan parks and you may find something reasonable.

For Mulgrave look at areas like Clayton, Keysborough, Glen Waverley, down on the beach Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Dingly Village, Mentone, Parkdale

These areas are not a bad commute

Good luck

Guest The Pom Queen
http://www.wotif.com/hotels/south-east-holiday-village-formerly-blue-gum-holiday-v.html

This holiday park is a commute to Mulgrave by car and you may find something there to tide you over.

Also look on lastminute and wotif and look for the caravan parks and you may find something reasonable.

For Mulgrave look at areas like Clayton, Keysborough, Glen Waverley, down on the beach Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Dingly Village, Mentone, Parkdale

These areas are not a bad commute

Good luck

Just call the SE Holiday Park first, they were talking of closing it down on the 22nd October I'm not sure if it's just the caravan/camping side, the cabins or both, but even the cheapest on there is going to be around $700. If you do manage to get in there go for a larger cabin to what you want as they are on the small size. It may also be worth pointing out that cabins aren't what we think of in the UK ie log cabins and this is the type of cabin you will find on a campsite here, 04.jpg

Some are lovely inside though and if it's just the 2 of you then you will be fine.