Help with WA SS Statements

derham

Can anyone advise on what information they provided when applying for WA SS see below:

Outline your reasons for choosing these regions (max 500 characters)

How did you research these regions? (max 500 characters)

(i.e. visit, friends, internet, etc.)

What research have you done that shows you will find suitable employment? (max 500 characters)

I've got a good idea what to write but any help from someone who has already submitted with no problemswouyld be helpful.

I simply put that these regions offer the best employment opportunities, good schools and facilities for my family etc.

Research via talking to friends in Oz, websites including the WA goverment site.

Employment research was via job websites, Seek etc. Speaking to contacts in my trade in Oz and the fact that my occupation has been on the state sposonsorship list for a few years.

Don't get too panicky about this, you are not applying for a degree ! WA just want to know you have put some consideration into your planned move.

500 characters soon disappears too so write it in Word first to make sure you haven't exceeded it then paste it in.

Justin:wink:

I have chosen these areas as my profession requires substantial commercial interests that seek my skill set. I also have friends residing in the Perth area to assist in my settlement, their valued insight into the lifestyle of Perth has reinforced my desire to move.

I researched the areas predominantly through speaking with friends, who have helped me to understand the general cost of living and work opportunities. I have also undertaken research through the internet in terms of the value/costs of items from general retailers.

What research have you done that shows you will find suitable employment? (max 500 characters)

Based on the SOL's from all states, my skills have been in demand in WA for a number of years, as well as Australia as a whole. I am an ambitious achiever and believe my drive and determination set me aside from others in what is already an 'in demand' occupation in Australia. Computing is an expanding area of business which currently shows no sign of abating.

Those were my exact answers.

Hope this helps ...

P

Wrote a little about exactly why I wanted to move - quality of life, balance of available work with access to outdoors and lifestyle

Internet research, friends and family who have lived in/visited WA. Also have a recce trip booked for later in Oct to fully complete research.

I put in this section that I had been looking on job websites such as seek for the past 6 months, monitoring the number of jobs which matched my skillset, and that I had also spoken to a few recruitment agencies who said my skills were in demand.

Archived