how helpful and successful are emigration agents

Guest lainey

Guest lainey

Hi, i was just wandering if i could some feedback on peoples findings with emigration agencies when it comes to employment and how helpful they are, how much do they actually help with finding a job, anybody got any feedback, my hubby needs to find work b4 we can apply for the visa, so until then we r stuck, any help would be very appreciated :)

Lainey

• 2 weeks later...
Guest denise milligan

Hi Lainey

My husband and I went out to Oz in January to find out own sponsor (he is a plasterer) and we were finding it impossible from the UK and we didn't want to go out on a regional sponsored visa, although this is something you could do if you have the right trade.

We were lucky enough to meet our sponsor in the street outside a cafe in Dunsborough, SouthWest Oz and will be lodging our visa in the next few weeks.

All the best.

Dee

• 3 months later...
Guest Greg Shelley

Hi lainey,

I used an agent called Peter Elliott of Wessex Migration. We now have our visas but without his expertise there would have been no chance, so I recommend a good agent for that reason, a good one is worth the fee! Not all agents are the same and some offer more help with finding work than others. However the best reason for engaging one is to get you in first! Then worry about work. Oz is much the same as the UK in so far as there is the state job centre, media and independent recruitment agencies to look into. Hope this helps, good luck.

Greg.

hi Dee

the migration agency who i've spoken too says i can only get a regional visa because of my age.do you know if i got a sponsor if i woulf be able to go anywhere in oz.

P.S. I,m only 35 and in print

any advice will be welcome.

steve and tracy

Guest Phil Olsen

Hi Steve

If you are sponsored to a Region then you have to live there for a period, which may change from time to time, but currently it is 2 years (Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme). There are other regional visa's

What do you do in printing?

What type of visa are the agents recommending?

best wishes

Phil Olsen

MARA number

HI Phil

at the moment i am a NO1 machine minder on a lithoman 64/72pp magazine press.i have also ran 8 unit double web presses and smaller presses as the Baker Perkins G14 and G16.

The visa they are telling my i can get is the Skilled Independant Regional visa.

thats what they have said i can get but i was wondering if i got a job in another area outside the regional ones if i could get a different visa.

any info very much welcomed.

steve and tracy

Archived