Advice & A Time of my LIFE!

Guest calcreates

Guest calcreates

Hey guys, new on here well.. joined before I left and lost all the deets haha

Just got back from Australia about 3 months ago and now really home sick.. Yup callin Oz home! Had a working holiday visa and I loved every second of it.. Worst of all miss my really good mates and hate the changes back here now.

Im after abit of advice, are there any chances of apprenticeships with Sponsorship in Australia, the Ins and outs of emigrating and Im half Canadian and half English.. I used my Uk passport on this working holiday but can or could i use my Canadian to renew for a new working hol visa?

Any advice wouldnt go a miss.

Peace

Cal

Guest Guest31881

I would advise contacting a migration agent to see what your options are, I do not think using your Canadian passport would work, how would you answer questions like...what visas have you held in the past... I feel sure they would soon find out you have already used a WHV. Your name and DOB would show up on their records and if found out that you are trying to circumnavigate the rules its possible they could ban you from applying for any visa, at least for a period of around 3 years.

Contact an agent and get some professional advice.

Guest The Pom Queen

Welcome back to the forum, as Colin has said I wouldn't lie to get another WHV it isn't worth the risk.

Have a chat with an agent and see what your options are.

Guest littlesarah

I believe I saw something on a TV programme about a young man who had Irish-UK dual nationality, and obtained a WHV using his Irish passport, and then obtained a second one with his UK passport.

He was detained by immigration when he attempted to arrive the second time, and his visa was rejected, because he had lied in order to obtain a WHV. I think the rules are about the person, rather than the passport, to which they pertain.

I agree with Colin - contact an agent for advice. I'm not sure what the rules are as far as apprenticeships go - but if worse comes to worse, you could consider getting a trade qualification to use to help get you here and working.