New Passport

RioMarina

Guest Bellaboo

Hi, does anyone know if you can submit a 176 application where the passport has 1 year left to run?

Can we submit the application and then send in form 929 when the passport is renewed (this may be before the visa is granted)?

Many thanks for your help!

Hi, does anyone know if you can submit a 176 application where the passport has 1 year left to run?

Can we submit the application and then send in form 929 when the passport is renewed (this may be before the visa is granted)?

Many thanks for your help!

Yes you can, we lodged on 1st June and my sons' passport ran out in July. My CO has just chased us for the replacement before the visa can be granted.

Hi, I have another question I hope someone could answer for me. I have found the relevant form and realise I need to get certified copies of the new passport. My question is, where do I send it? I'm guessing it goes to Adelaide, does this mean my case officer or is it another department and can I sent it by email? Many thanks

The form is quite clear: "Return the completed form to the office where you lodged your application or if your visa has been granted, to the nearest office of the department". If you are a pom who is not yet in oz (you say you haven't validated yet) then the nearest office of the department to you is Australia House in the Strand.

Archived