457 or 857 - help?

shikac

Hi there,

I am prety new on this site and have some dilemma.Namely, I have potential employer who is willing to sponsor me for 857 visa.That is great because I dont have much experience and it is hard to find a sponsor.But in that case I would do all kind of job which is necessary which means all engineering job(as my qualification) and all labourers job in production line of the company and all that for minimal salary.On the other side I have very good company with excellent opportunity for growing up in the industry,but problem is that they dont want to hear for visa.If they accept to sponsor me on visa 457,what is your advise which is better choice.Please help me ,I'm confused in making right decision.

I waited nearly 12 months to find a sponsor - the right sponsor offering the right job, with the right career prospects & opportunities. I've wanted to move to Oz for ages but similar to yourself was lacking the experience. Nearly 5 years down the line, I'll hopefully be making the move soon.

It is sometimes better to wait and built up your career as opposed to taking any job just for the sake of being able to move down under. Build up your experience and maybe relook at your options in a year from now. Yes, it is frustrating to wait but if your career will suffer & you'll end up struggling financially, it's not really worth it in my opinion.

Best of luck with your decision.

hi Maz25,

thanks for support.I am already in Australia on student visa which expires in march ,so up to that I have to do something about my visa.I cant claim experience in industry because I have right to work up to 20pw,which is not enough for my industry.I will keep trying to find a appropriate sponsor and appropriate visa cause that will let me stay in Australia,but I really cant wait to start to work in industry.I am hungry of that job.

Good luck

What about a graduate visa? My cousin studied in Oz and applied for the graduate visa to enable her to build her experience & qualify for a permanent visa.

Other options would be to target the larger firms as I'm sure they all have graduate training programmes which would help your career development & they would also be more willing to sponsor you.

Hi again,

I am studying Diploma level Building design and Technology.But problem is because there is issue that I have to niminate occupation from SOL which is just civil engineering,but not building design.I preffer to work in engineerg,but if I noiminate civil engineering I have to connect those two occupations to be close related,but nobody can tell me exactly are they.Even I rang Immigration office couple times they told me different stories.Once its up to case officer,next time depends from suitable authority,third time you have to give us evidence of that and then we will decide.Everything is yes or no,but I am not ready to take a risk like that when they dont know to tell me exactly.A bit complicated,but anyway if you have any other idea I would appreciate.