1st swim at Shark Bay (Neilsen Park) There's a beach for everyone here!

MARYROSE02

I'm timid in the surf so I prefer the harbour beaches, Clovelly, or the ocean pools that many of the surf beaches have.

They took the shark nets up at Neilsen Park & Parsley Bay back in May & they've put them back for the spring/summer now.

It does not matter what you want from a beach, Sydney has them all - big, brash, crowded - Bondi, Manly, Coogee, Cronulla, just as big or bigger but not so brash & crowded - Maroubra, Narrabeen, Long Reef, smaller but still with good surf - Bronte, Tamarama, Freshwater. Family friendly - Clovelly or any of the harbour beaches, Neilsen Park, Watsons Bay, Redleaf, Camp Cove, Lady Jane, Balmoral, Clontarf.

Plus all the other ones - Palm, Bilgola, Whale, Avalon, Mona Vale, Newport, Warriewood, Collaroy at the southern end of Narrabeen, North Narrabeen at the northern end, Curl Curl, Queensliff. I've still not been to Fairy Bower or Shelley @ Manly. Little Bay, La Perouse, Bundeena. Cronulla also inludes Eloura & Wanda? I suppose strictly speaking Manly is South & North Steyne and isn't there a shark proof beach by the ferry?

Bottom line is, if you can't find what you want in Sydney you never will anywhere else!

Archived