advice on nursing applications

rache76

Hi all,

Can anyone help? My sister in law has been a surgical nurse for 7 years and been in the same job since qualifying, she is a single parent and is looking to come to Oz permanently.

We have been reading about different visa's and are now very confused.

Can anyone offer any advice? Has anyone been sponsored by the state or an employer?

Thanks

Rache :wacko:

Hi Rache,

I'm a nurse and I'm a single mum and me and my daughter arrived here in Hobart,Tasmania nearly 6 weeks ago. I'm a surgical nurse working in gynae for 8 yrs.

I would recommend an agency, I used Plexus Medical Recruitment (google that and there page will come up). Last December I'd registered on the get me down under website and then on their jobs page,saw an advert for working on a womens surgical ward. The company was Plexus,so I sent them an email and attached my cv and within the hour they emailed me back. 2 weeks later I had a job interview on the telephone and was offered a job working on a 10 bedded gynae ward here at the Royal Hobart Hospital!! Plexus have been great,they do all the visa stuff as we've come out on a temp long term buisiness visa but hopefully after 6 months,my employer will sponsor me for residency. I've had to pay for my nursing registration,medical (my daughter didn't need to have one) and the visa (which is a dam site more cheaper than the others!!). Also had to pay for flights and shipping but Tasmania offer the best relocation package (or they did last year). Thats what you need to get,a good relocation package. I'm currently waiting to be reinbursed. They pay for flight(me only) and shipping of goods.

How old are the children/child?? Amy is 12 and although she was anxious etc prior to leaving,she has settled in great. She loves school even though she's had to go back to primary here after doing her 1st year at secondary in the uk. She'll go High School next Feb.

Good luck with everything and if I can be of help,then just send me a message.

Take Care

Tracey :biggrin:

Hi Rache,

i am also a nurse and we are going down the state sponsor route then going for the 176 visa. I believe with this you get your childrens education paid for and the child benefit etc as well....i don't know if you get these with other visas or not. If she went down 176/175 route she will need a skills assessment including ielts as the first port of call. Maybe she could talk to an agent, they do their first call free...she could get alot of info out of them in that time ;)

Nic.x.

Archived