Hoping to be Poms in Oz :)

perfectmax

Hi all

I thought I would introduce myself....I am Sian, married to Danny and we have 3 children to take to Oz. We have completed all our paperwork ready to lodge (that seemed to take forever) I passed the IELTS (8.5 phew!) and I am waiting on one work reference before we lodge for our visa 175.

I would love any advise about the process, what happens next, when medicals might be asked for, generally any thoughts you wish you had known about. I am reading the forum and getting very exicted, I really hope this happens as its cost a ruddy fortune to get this far.

How long did anyone on a 175 wait and what happens in the meantime?

I have read that some people really advise taking white goods with you, mine are built in but is it worth considering buying new and taking them? Also some have said they wish they took their cars....what do you think?

It will be good to get to know people here and hear of the pitfalls and fun along the way.

Thanks

Sian

x

Hi Sian

Good Luck with your application, waiting can drive you mad but its worth it in the end.lol.

We didnt bring any white goods or furniture, although if i had my tyime again i would probably bring my fridge freezer and tumble dryer, other than that i wouldnt change much.

Cal x

Archived