Do you need to supply your own crate when shipping a dog?

oidara

We have a dog crate that we have used only once and we're now thinking of selling it as we want to declutter before making the big move.

But it occurred to me that perhaps we need it for when we send the dog over to Oz on the plane. Do we? Or do the shipping companies provide their own?

Thanks!

The shipping companies have all included the cost of the crate in quotes to me, I'm not sure if they'll use your own crate or not.

It depends what sort it is and if it meets certain standards for your dog. It's probably worth speaking to one or two of the companies and seeing what they suggest.

If you can use it, it will save you money, but that's only if you can use it :)

We have a dog crate that we have used only once and we're now thinking of selling it as we want to declutter before making the big move.

But it occurred to me that perhaps we need it for when we send the dog over to Oz on the plane. Do we? Or do the shipping companies provide their own?

Thanks!

It might be worth keeping hold of it, I remember the shipping company we used for our dog supplied it but it cost and they did say we could shop around and supply our own if we wanted but we just went with them. If you have one and it fits the correct standards then it might save you a little cash

Guest The Pom Queen

If yours is an approved carrier and your dog is already use to it then I would be tempted to use it. Have a word with the shippers when the time comes.

Archived