Tariff 33

Guest The Pom Queen

We didn't "move over to it" because our house was already set up that way when we moved in. It saves us a bit of money and has never caused any issues--it guarantees you 18 hours of electricity per day, going off occasionally at peak times. Frankly, with a well-insulated take, we've never even noticed when it switches off.

So long as your water tank is big enough and well insulated, grab the rebate and go for it.

(For benefit of those in the UK used to "Economy 7" it works a bit differently. Instead of switching over you whole house and getting cheaper power overnight, Tariff 33 is wired into specific circuits, usually your electric water heater and they guarantee 18 hours per day of power but switch it off when they have peak loadings, at their discretion. This makes it unsuitable for anything you can't have going on and off randomly.)

Guest The Pom Queen
Oh what is that kate? Haven't heard of it?

I think Bobbsy has explained it a lot better than I could. :notworthy:

We are considering putting the pool on it. I didn't realise you could have other things added I wonder if they could put the washer and dryer on it?