Finally making the move

mrmash

Hi,

Thought I'd post and say hi. Wife and I have finally decided to move from Scotland to Australia. Looking at Melbourne or possibly Sydney.

We both work in the rail industry which still seems to be looking for engineers and project managers so hopefully won't take too long to find a job.

Quite daunting looking at the list of things we need to do before we go, but exciting too. Looking at 3-4 years first while renting out our house in Scotland then see if PR is the way forward.

Matt

Good luck!

Do you work in rail ops, or rail engineering/construction? Biggest opportunities are in the latter - in fact you may well find it quite easy to find sponsorship

Lots of work ongoing in Sydney and NSW in particular right now, and two big investment programmes about to kick off - there's work in Vic too, but the real volume stuff is a year or two off, apparently

Thanks for the quick reply.

I work in Rail Maintenance, my wife in design/construction. Bit frustrating at the moment, spoken to one agency in VIC who was convinced I'd get a job really quickly but that was a fortnight ago.

There seems to be a few companies who'll sponsor a 457 at the moment. A lot of work colleagues have made the move in the last few years and there have been nothing but good reports so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived