Rude doctors

Polkey

No problems.

have you got the forms I have them if you need them, if you do pm me and I will email you them.

Kaye

Thanks, Kaye, you're a dear: :jiggy:

Yes, they're all filled out, sitting on the printer ready to go tomorrow! :policeman:

So, when you got your CO, did they give you a time limit to get anything else sorted? I hear some peeps are being fast-tracked, whatever that means in light of how slow things seem to be, presently! What boggles my mind, is how this must be a huge industry & wonder how to get employed in it once I get to Tassie!!? :biglaugh:

So, my dear, what do you hope for in Cairns, other than better /warmer weather than we have today, although it's windy here rather than chilly?! With any luck, I guess you are just waiting for the magic pass - shouldn't be tooo much longer, A?

Love

Herbster (hanging on to his hat!)

Hi

Glad you are all sorted with your forms I have them saved to file but not sure if I should delete them or not but a couple of families have wanted them.

When we got our CO on my birthday 2nd August they requested all info by the end of August :nah: that was never going to happen our agent said they have told them time and time again that police checks take 40 days etc so as long as we provide receipts to show we had applied for checks and meds they weren't worried so thats what we did. Little did we know hubby would need further investigation on his heart but so far has got the all clear, he is undergoing extra blood tests tomorow if they come back clear we just need our GP to write report and then hopefully meds go off at the end of next week.

We weren't really looking at going to cairns, Brisbane was our first choice but after visiting last year and loving one particular part of Brisbane (Wellington Point) with its laid back atmosphere, shallow waters where we could paddle over to King Island, wooden jetty to fish off it was so perfect I wanted more of that and Cairns offered us it in abundnace rather than just one small area and with its great outdoor sports and schools it seems perfect.

Cairns is where my heart seems to be but on the practical side Perth is where my hubby could walk into a job with good money via a close contact we have there. Sometimes the head rules the heart and at the moment we are 70/30 to go to cairns just wish we could be so certain of employment even though we have a contact nothing like Perth, hubby works in pipe fitting, welding, ventilation and air con all on large infrastructure so have been assured Perth is where its at but Cairns keeps tugging and I know the family are happy for me to have my choice but as a mum I am good at sacrificing :yes:not complaining though as long as we are all together thats all I ask. :wub:

Good luck at Crammy with your police checks don't know if anyone has mentioned they didn't to us and we were late but they like you there before 4 unless the rules have changed they almost didn't do ours.

kaye x

Hi

Glad you are all sorted with your forms I have them saved to file but not sure if I should delete them or not but a couple of families have wanted them..When we got our CO on my birthday 2nd August they requested all info by the end of August that was never going to happen our agent said they have told them time and time again that police checks take 40 days etc so as long as we provide receipts to show we had applied for checks and meds they weren't worried so thats what we did. Little did we know hubby would need further investigation on his heart but so far has got the all clear, he is undergoing extra blood tests tomorrow if they come back clear we just need our GP to write report and then hopefully meds go off at the end of next week...We weren't really looking at going to cairns, Brisbane was our first choice but after visiting last year and loving one particular part of Brisbane (Wellington Point) with its laid back atmosphere, shallow waters where we could paddle over to King Island, wooden jetty to fish off it was so perfect I wanted more of that and Cairns offered us it in abundance rather than just one small area and with its great outdoor sports and schools it seems perfect...Cairns as a mum I am good at sacrificing not complaining though as long as we are all together thats all I ask. ..Good luck at Crammy with your police checks: don't know if anyone has mentioned they didn't to us, and we were late, but they like you there before 4 unless the rules have changed they almost didn't do ours...kaye x

Hi Kaye:

Update! Now they like you there by 2:00, 14:00 & that's only on a Tuesday or Friday! AND by appointment only!! :policeman:This is for Police Checks! Do you think they'll give us a photocopy of ap?! OH is paranoid they'll lose it!! But gd advice about getting the receipt, thanks for that. But I don't understand why everything is expected to move so fast when OZ has taken ages to go through everything! Well, I suppose they Make the Rules!! :radar:

Do hope hubby's tests will go well tomorrow, as you've come so far... I know someone who lived in Perth & loved it, it certainly seems to have good beaches, but you'd have seen that for yourself, she's back in the North, now, but I'm sure she'd be happy to return.. Maybe, possibly hubby could take the job there for a few years, & see how you settle before finally deciding on where to stay. I know it's not that easy when you have kids, with their schooling to consider, etc., but perhaps there's a compromise to be had here. And, ofcourse, jumping around Oz, is hardly like moving cross country here!I'd like to think that all your caring will be rewarded, it sounds like you deserve it. But reading other people's posts, if you are happy with the warmth & beach lifestyle, I'm sure you'll be able to find somewhere that makes you all happy. :)

Good wishes with that, & hope everything works out for the best - are the kids excited now & involved in the plans?

Fondly,

Herbsteer XX :cute:

Thanks for the good wishes the kids are getting excited as long as they can continue being involved in their sports.... football, swimming, snooker and cricket.

Have thought about trying Perth for a while but keep coming back to cairns will have to keep trying to decide hopefully we can secure good work in Cairns.

Good luck with police checks I dont suppose you really need that unless you have some deep dark secret :policeman: they will give you receipt and I am sure we got a reference number so if they are not back by day 40 you can chase it up.

Good luck with everything

kaye x

Archived